Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: V&V UNIVERSE NEWS: Memos by Moonlight
Jeff
Administrator
Post V&V UNIVERSE NEWS: Memos by Moonlight
on: September 26, 2011, 12:52

'Memos by Moonlight' Advice Column, by Ms. Moonlight – September 26, 2011

DEAR MS. MOONLIGHT: I’ve just seen an ad on Craigslist offering to change me into something super-powerful. I emailed and they say they want money for the service. I would do anything to ditch my normal life. Is this ad for-real? -- HOPEFUL

DEAR HOPEFUL: Caution! Not every power is equally desirable. Having an extra nose is considered ‘super-powerful’ in some quarters, but it probably wouldn’t give you a better life. If they can’t tell you what powers you’ll get, or what powers their previous customers got, then it’s probably too risky. A strenuous fitness and training regimen can change your life without risking your genetic makeup!

---

DEAR MS. MOONLIGHT: My team’s leader recently asked me to start cutting on a captured suspect to make him talk. They said it’d be okay because I could use my powers to heal him afterwards, and even make him forget it happened. I’m just not cool with this. Am I wrong...? -- HESITANT

DEAR HESITANT: Your innate sense of right and wrong is one of your most important assets as a hero. Legally speaking, when you do something temporary to a suspect without their permission it’s only a misdemeanor – and as we all know, the authorities look the other way when heroes commit misdemeanors in the line of duty. But just because you can get away with something doesn’t mean you should do it. If you’re not comfortable with it, then don’t. Find a way to get the information that doesn’t violate your own scruples.

Ms. Moonlight is a retired super-heroine, and former member of the City Knights. Her advice column is syndicated nationwide.

Captain-
Micro
High-Powered Superhero
Post Re: V&V UNIVERSE NEWS: Memos by Moonlight
on: September 26, 2011, 13:51

Awwww...that's a cute idea! Hope to see more of her columns.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 26, 2011, 14:54

Great stuff! Looking forward to reading more! 🙂

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Jeff
Administrator
on: September 28, 2011, 06:08

Quote from Captain Micro on September 26, 2011, 13:51
Awwww...that's a cute idea! Hope to see more of her columns.

Quote from Majestic on September 26, 2011, 14:54
Great stuff! Looking forward to reading more! 🙂

Have you got a question for Ms. Moonlight? Post it here! It may appear in one of her upcoming columns.

-Jeff

Sketchpad
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 28, 2011, 19:33

DEAR MS. MOONLIGHT: My archnemesis is normally a scientific pain, but he just swapped out his technological genius for some sinister sorcery. What's a non-powered dweller of the night supposed to do against that? Is there an organization out there that could help me even the odds? — Hexed in the City

calebhero
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 29, 2011, 06:37

DEAR MS. MOONLIGHT: My team and I have just fought our future selves (evil versions, of course). In the course of winning, I loss my newest pet, a T-Rex. I am really heart broken about this. I have been told I will become evil, rule the world, be overthrown by said world, and I loss my pet in the same day. How do you continue to fight for good when things like happen to you - Animal Lover

Dracos
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 29, 2011, 15:55

DEAR MS. MOONLIGHT: I'm a wealthy inventor/industrialist dedicated to saving the world from alien and demonic invasions. How do I balance the responsibilities I have for my corporate family, whose lives and welfare rest upon my protecting and operating my company, with the loyalty and dedication I've developed for a "Team" that I feel is the family I never had as a child? - Dark Knight 😉

Jeff
Administrator
on: May 19, 2017, 04:23

'Memos by Moonlight' Advice Column, by Ms. Moonlight – May 19, 2017

DEAR MS. MOONLIGHT: My archnemesis is normally a scientific pain, but he just swapped out his technological genius for some sinister sorcery. What's a non-powered dweller of the night supposed to do against that? Is there an organization out there that could help me even the odds? — Hexed in the City

DEAR HEXED IN THE CITY: Word on the street is that Intercrime has begun dabbling in the occult. Perhaps there's a connection? As always, CHESS stands ready to assist you with research and backup. Many expect the outgoing 'King', Homer Grimsby, to appoint magic-themed Bishop agent codename: Calibor as his replacement. This could signal a new emphasis on magic within the currently tech-heavy CHESS arsenal, but only time will tell. Good luck!

---

DEAR MS. MOONLIGHT: My team and I have just fought our future selves (evil versions, of course). In the course of winning, I loss my newest pet, a T-Rex. I am really heart broken about this. I have been told I will become evil, rule the world, be overthrown by said world, and I loss my pet in the same day. How do you continue to fight for good when things like happen to you - Animal Lover

DEAR ANIMAL LOVER: I have good news and bad news. The good news is, whoever told you that you're destined to become evil is sadly ignorant of temporal physics. 'True' time travel impossible, to all but certain cosmic entities (such as Kronos, lord of Chronangles). Those evil versions of yourselves almost certainly came from a 'parallel timeline' - which is another dimension, and not the actual future. The bad news is, you haven't explained *how* you lost your pet, so I don't know what advice to give you there. So sorry!

---

DEAR MS. MOONLIGHT: I'm a wealthy inventor/industrialist dedicated to saving the world from alien and demonic invasions. How do I balance the responsibilities I have for my corporate family, whose lives and welfare rest upon my protecting and operating my company, with the loyalty and dedication I've developed for a "Team" that I feel is the family I never had as a child? - Dark Knight

DEAR DARK KNIGHT: This question is as old as the superhero trade. Most heroes I've spoken with say the best answer is to find someone at your company you can trust, and then trust them. You may even need to reveal your secret to them, if they aren't willing to look the other way during your frequent unexplained injuries and disappearances. You may also need to protect them if they're drawn into your adventures. Alternately, if your inventing skills apply, you might try building a robot of yourself to replace you when you can't be two places at once. If that's not up your alley, I think CHESS is still running their PAWN program. Hang in there!

Ms. Moonlight is a retired super-heroine, and former member of the City Knights. Her advice column is syndicated nationwide.

Jeff
Administrator
on: May 21, 2017, 11:04

I think folks may have missed this post, because 'somebody' posted a bunch of rules feedback to the Forum instead of emailing it to jeff@monkeyhousegames.com like we asked 😉

Bump.

-Jeff

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.212 seconds.