Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Paralysis Ray
DSumner
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Paralysis Ray
on: June 19, 2014, 23:03

I see Possession as a completely separate ability than Paralysis Ray. I've got a post somewhere where I wrote out how it I think the current power could be split into two separate powers, and actual Paralysis Ray, as it worked in the 1st edition, and a Stun Ray, as it currently works. I'll dig around and see if I can find it.

Sleepwalke-
r
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 20, 2014, 20:47

@justice:
Xavier has Mind Control.

Starfox?? Who's that??

Devitalization Ray is another villain power in the comic books.

I like your Lethal Power weakness! Could it sit under Physical Handicap? Low Self Control? Vulnerability to one's own Superpower?

Hi, I'm Sleepwalker and I... zzzzzzzz

Dracos
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 21, 2014, 09:01

Starfox is an Eternal from the moon Titan. Brother to Thanos.

I've seen a few martial art heroes using paralysis as a carrier attack in hand to hand. I think a couple of the archers have done the same thing, all about hitting nerve clusters and stuff.

I love weaknesses be they physical or psychological. They really help define the "character".

Sleepwalke-
r
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 21, 2014, 19:09

@Dracos:
Starfox doesn't sound like a superhero. We're talking about superheroes! 🙂

Moondragon might have Emotion Control, but she's not a real superhero either.

Batman' s got Heightened Charisma, not Emotion Control. Also, skills like Intimidation and Interrogation.

I still can't think of a comic book hero with a paralyzing ray, like Paralysis Ray is written. I like the idea of a villain powers chart. Weaknesses too. Villains over-index on Psychosis.

Dracos
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 22, 2014, 21:41

"not a real superhero" Hmmm. Sounds like a new thread needs started 🙂

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 24, 2014, 17:44

Quote from Sleepwalker on June 19, 2014, 20:18
To Dracos' point: Should there be separate Super Powers tables for heroes and villains?

I can't think of a comic book hero with Paralysis Ray, Death Touch or Emotion Control, but I can think of plenty of villains.

Likewise should there be separate tables for Weaknesses too?

This is a pretty good idea worth considering, I think.

Though, rather than separate tables, there could be a single Wild Card power (on one of the tables/origins) that goes to a different sub-table for heroes, with a different one for villians.

The one for villains could have Death Touch, Paralysis Ray, and any others best left for the bad guys.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Sleepwalke-
r
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 24, 2014, 17:58

Majestic: I like it! What powers would go on the Hero side?

Dracos: "needs started"
Lemme guess. If that wasn't a typo then you're from Pittsburgh.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 26, 2014, 11:26

Powers for just heroes is tougher. Perhaps a low-level power to heal others? Revivification? Some sort of inspirational ability?

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Sleepwalke-
r
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 26, 2014, 19:36

Agree. Golden age heroes would have increased liklihood of Heightened Strength and Endurance. Golden age villains, Heightened Intelligence.

Modern age heroes are harder to stereotype.

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.156 seconds.