Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Superhero Licensing
StefanJ
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Superhero Licensing
on: August 5, 2010, 18:53

Heh. I can picture a villain making life hard for a superhero team by having his goons organize a protest over insurance rate hikes.

Lord Inar
Cosmic Superhero
on: February 17, 2012, 12:24

I could see "Superhero malpractice insurance" whose fees get waived if you become licensed. Otherwise it gets pretty expensive getting sued regularly for damages.

Dracos
Cosmic Superhero
on: February 17, 2012, 17:40

I love Jeff's answer. Individual insurance riders making it affordable is a cool idea and makes it a political issue also. Of course his answer kills the whole premise for one of my favorite movies ...

... the Incredibles!

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: February 18, 2012, 17:44

Where it could really get political is the issue of insurance for illegal aliens (but then, the 'aliens' would be a different type from the real world!) 😉

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: February 25, 2014, 14:17

Something I just realized from this thread and the other one that's similar is that the congressmen references is Eugene McCarthy, but the one in our 'real world' was Joseph McCarthy. Both famous congressmen, but the one who ignited the Red Scare was the Republican, and the one who ran for president (as a Democrat) was Eugene.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Jeff
Administrator
on: July 14, 2015, 16:22

D'oh! I meant Joseph. Thanks for catching the error!

-Jeff

maxwellchr-
is
Superhero
on: July 15, 2015, 17:30

Since this came up on the "Latest Forum Posts," I just now took a chance to read it. Great stuff! Makes me want to see a "Code Authority" sourcebook when all the legal smoke clears 🙂

celestiale-
ditor
Street-Level Hero
on: September 1, 2017, 14:03

I always appreciated that V&V actually had a section on the legal code and superheroes. I played many SHRPG games in high school and college, and we often cribbed from V&V for ideas on how laws might work. Image Comics launched when I was in college, and the Aberrant RPG a few years later, and they seemed to have the "in the real world, superhumans would go corporate and make piles of money" model, so again, my groups pulled out our V&V books, since that was the only RPG we had that even seemed to think the law and bounties had to be considered.

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.189 seconds.