Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rules Questions
Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Rules Questions
on: November 18, 2018, 02:17

Wow! I'm surprised I actually finally made it to this post, as it was extremely difficult to do so (took many, many attempts). This site has been getting progressively more difficult to interact with. I can't access it at all at work anymore (our network people have banned it specifically) and can't even do so on my break at work, using my phone. At home I can get to the site, but get continuous error messages when I try to post. I have a friend who long ago gave up, as it is just too difficult to use.

A few questions:

1) If you make an Ability like Willpower part of an Arsenal (say, as a spell), then how do you then dole it out as far as increasing the charges? Would you make 1 charge = 1 round? I don't see how this will work, for instances like Total Pain Resistance.

2) For Reflection Effect, when it says "...or against any other target within the range of the reflected attack (from the reflecting character) and the reflecting character's line of sight", I don't understand what the range is supposed to be?

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
Post Re: Rules Questions
on: November 18, 2018, 12:26

Hey Majestic.

All Abilities that become Arsenal Options go down to 1 Charge, and only last 1 Round. For example, if you had an Armor magical spell you would have to buy extended Duration. So the same goes for Willpower. Just buy Duration (p.89)

As for Reflection Effect, I believe you take the range of the original attack, but use the Reflecting character as the origin. For example, a Sonic Blast with a range of 30" hits the Reflecting character, you use the redirected attack against any target within 30" and LOS of the Reflecting character.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: November 21, 2018, 22:26

Thanks, Hireling. That makes sense for both.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: December 3, 2018, 21:58

So another question. Hireling introduced our group to the idea of using Overload, but I'm wondering if the way my son did it should be legal per the rules:

He calls it his 'Soul Reap' and he started with it being a Natural Weaponry. He's made it for +9 (blunt) kinetic damage, which begins at a cost of 22.5. He made it have an Increased PR (of 5, so -12.5). He made it a one-shot, Overload Modifier (so +5), offset by causing No Knockback (-5). He changed the Damage Type to Entropy (for +0) and made it take Concentration to Use (another -5). So the total cost ends up being 5.

For this one-shot, PR=5 attack, he gets a +18 Entropy damage (on top of his already significant d8+d10 punch)! I know that things like Carrier Attacks and Overload don't have to abide by the Damage Cap rules, but I kind of wonder if they should have to, even though this is a 'one-shot' ability.

We've only played one game with it so far, and his one use of it missed, but when he lands it, he will do an average of 28 damage!

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: December 5, 2018, 16:00

Majestic -- I think your overload description is technically correct per the rules. However, Overload also says some of the extra CPs may be used for things other than damage, like Area Effect. You may want to persuade your son to lower the damage but add in other modifiers like area effect, armor piercing, etc.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: December 6, 2018, 21:41

Yeah, I think he did the Area Effect Modifier after we talked about it, too.

Edit: Nope. Just asked him. That was his Siphon (which he just added Area Effect to) that I was conflating with this.

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: December 7, 2018, 17:47

Hey Majestic,

Before I dive into this, does the Natural Weaponry cost 22.5 before Overload? If so, the Overloaded version would have a total of 55 points to play with: (22.5 for Natural Weaponry + 5 for Overload) x 2 = 55.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: December 9, 2018, 17:42

Oh, you're right! He would actually be +22 instead of +18, for a total average damage of 32! 🙂

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.739 seconds.