Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My homebrew... ish? campaign
drl2
Street-Level Hero
Post My homebrew... ish? campaign
on: October 11, 2018, 16:52

For the sake of getting ramped up quickly, my campaign is loosely based in the universe described in the MP rulebook. Loosely, because while the same worlds and organizations described there exist in my universe and are convenient back-story for creating scenarios for my characters, I have no specific knowledge of them or the major characters of the prior existing V&V universe published materials beyond the brief descriptions in MP. So while my players' characters might encounter InterCrime troopers, or meet members of the local offshoot of the Mighty Protectors, or be barred from investigating a meteor crash site by CHESS operatives, those encounters will probably be something different from what long-time V&V players might expect them to be.

However, the campaign has recently taken a turn into a fantasy-heavy sub-campaign that is a much more homebrew-y world (in an "egregious theft from D&D" kind of way) involving a significant (temporary) transformation of the player characters and a number of recurring NPCs. It continues to be a lot of work to create and I'm rather proud of how it's going so far, so I thought I'd share it here:

The descriptions start here and will be collected newest-first here.

As mentioned elsewhere I've only recently come back to this kind of gaming after a hiatus of decades, so any constructive criticism or suggestions on this or any other chapter, character, etc. will be much appreciated.

(Oh, and yes, parts of the chapter descriptions are written in a shorthand kind of way, since they're based on notes I write for myself prior to each session... hopefully they're clear enough.)

My Gaming Blog

celestiale-
ditor
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: My homebrew... ish? campaign
on: October 11, 2018, 22:02

Cool. Thanks for sharing!

Jeff
Administrator
on: October 13, 2018, 08:21

Cool. Use what you like, and add or change anything else. It is a multiverse, after all 🙂

-Jeff

drl2
Street-Level Hero
on: October 26, 2018, 14:32

Decided to delve into a dungeon full of undead in my fantasy meta-campaign as Halloween approaches. Had to create some slimmed-down-for-lower-CP-characters versions of D&D-ish bad guys to throw at my players.

Chapter 10, Part II – The Crypts of Aobos

My Gaming Blog

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: October 28, 2018, 14:47

@drl2 Great stuff!

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: October 29, 2018, 15:49

@drl2 Love it.

drl2
Street-Level Hero
on: November 9, 2018, 17:50

Played the second-to-last session of this meta-campaign last weekend, and it featured a feathered velociraptor in wizard costume hurling a cone of fire at a floating-demon-head-in-goggles-and-a-pastel-blue-knitted-Beholder-cozy (with toilet-paper-tube eyestalks) from atop the shoulder of a giant stone dwarf :).

Chapter 10, Part III – Birn Tharin

Have been busy working on a learning-experience-on-several-levels programming project most nights this week so I'm way behind on getting ready for the final meta-session this weekend.

My Gaming Blog

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 4.198 seconds.