Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ability Questions
Lotharhill
Street-Level Hero
Post Ability Questions
on: October 2, 2018, 06:18

Hello,

My friend asked me to run this system, and I am normally very astute at picking up new systems. I believe I have figured out the rules easily enough, but I have some questions. Could someone here help me with the following please?

Telekinesis - I have a character with CP level 32.5 kinetic manipulation. He wants to grab a person to hold them. Is there an attack roll? Is there a save? It would seem not, but there is text that you can called shot to not leave limbs free under 4.11. Called shots imply a negative to the attack roll or save to establish.

Enhanced Senses - Mind Waves - I have a character with penetrating (lead), full sense, ranged, heightened sense mental waves. We both agree that he can determine though a wall of stone exactly where active minds are located, that he can identify minds he has seen before, and any minds he can sense could be targeted with powers. What we do not agree on is other information garnered from the sense.

Does he understand the type of mind (military person, pacifist, youth) based on the waves of energy? The question is interesting to me as visual sight can give you clues via non verbal communication (stance, look, clothing) that we as humans use all the time. Since the sensory level for he has is full for mental waves, should he have the same type of non verbal "via mental waves" as light visible sight has (also default as full)?

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Ability Questions
on: October 3, 2018, 10:13

Regarding Telekinesis: You have to roll to hit for pretty much all abilities and/or regular combat. The exception to rolling to hit is something like Damage Auras, which happen automatically if the character with the aura is hit. If your character with the TK wants to grab someone, he must make a roll to hit, with a base chance to hit of his AG save +3, minus the target's Physical Defense, and minus any other penalties such as range, called shots, etc.

Regarding Ht. Senses: Mind Waves: Jeff has stated in the past, although when and where I am not sure of, that this ability can read surface thoughts of anyone or anything with a mind.

Lotharhill
Street-Level Hero
Post Re: Ability Questions
on: October 5, 2018, 10:47

Thank you BKadams.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.583 seconds.