Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weaknesses
mccargok
Street-Level Hero
Post Weaknesses
on: August 29, 2018, 22:36

Trying to wrap my head around how to work the weaknesses into my character(s). In my case I am "un-living" and I'm trying to establish how to off-set my inability to self-repair (if I SPEND 10 cps will I get %100 self-repair capability)? If I understand correctly each time I'm HIT there is a 1 in 20 chance my "injury" will result in a power loss??? Also if I get reduced STR (and/or EN, AG, etc.) is that automatically near specific substances or just add in and factor?? Thanks all [I played V&V in the early 80s and I'm SOOOOO glad it's back]. ~McCargok

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
Post Re: Weaknesses
on: August 30, 2018, 13:34

Unliving is a Weakness and therefore refunds CPs. You get 5 CPs back for each reduction in self-repair (healing) of 50%.

-5 CPs (refunded) for 50% reduction (you don't heal/self-repair until your HP is 50% or less of your starting total)
-10 CPs (refunded) for 100% reduction (you can't heal/self-repair at all. You can still be healed or repaired by others).

For an additional -5 CP refund you can have a 1 in 20 chance of losing one Ability per Hit of damage you take. You do not have to take this portion of the Weakness if you don't want to.

A good way to offset this while giving yourself an offensive power is with the Siphon ability. You can deal damage with Siphon and have it Replenish your Hit Points.

celestiale-
ditor
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 1, 2018, 01:32

To extend Hireling's example, Vampires would have Siphon (drink blood).

celestiale-
ditor
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 1, 2018, 01:35

I thought it was they can heal the first 50%, that is, a character with a maximum of 14 hit points can heal the first 7 points taken. As long as the character's total hit points are always between 8 and 14, she can heal (self-repair) back to max. But, if HP ever fall to less than 8, she can still only self-repair 7. So, if a series of fights leaves her with 3 hit points, she can self-repair to a maximum of 10 (7 points) and needs some external mechanism to rexover the rest (e.g. repair for robots, or a necromancer or EHP for undead, etc.).

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: September 1, 2018, 15:24

p100 "For each 50% reduction in self-repair capability, the character
gains (-5) CPs. A character with 50% self-repair capability only
heals when their Hits are below half of their full value (round up).
A character with 0% self-repair capability can’t heal at all. The
character can still be healed or repaired by others."

mccargok
Street-Level Hero
on: September 4, 2018, 22:13

OK awesome! And will look into the Siphon ability as well!!!

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: September 4, 2018, 22:54

Cool! I’d love to see the finished character.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 1.032 seconds.