Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arsenal Question
Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
Post Arsenal Question
on: August 22, 2018, 18:20

Do Abilities within Arsenal Slots have to obey the Ability Cap, or do they just have to satisfy the Arsenal Maximum CPs after modifiers and arsenal cost adjustment?

For example, I was making some spells for Lady Seven (Arsenal (30) 25 CPs per slot) while converting From the Deeps of Space to 3.0, and came up with this:

Description: Meteor Strike: Lady Seven conjures a giant ball of fire from the sky and hurls it down onto her foes burning a wide area.

Flame Blast (30) Area Effect (10) Indirect (5) Requires Speech (-2.5), Requires Free Movement (-2.5), Time Requirement (-2.5), Concentration Per Use (-5) One Full Round to cast, 22" Range, Originates 10" directly away from, and above Lady Seven's position and can travel in any direction. If Lady Seven takes any Hit Point damage or fails a save while casting Meteor Strike the spell is canceled. AG save to hit target location, Scatters on failure. 7" Area of Effect dealing 2d8+d10 damage to anyone caught in the area. 1 use per day. (Arsenal Cost Adjustment -7.5)

The Total Cost of this monstrosity is 25 CPs. Is it legal?

celestiale-
ditor
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Arsenal Question
on: August 24, 2018, 23:07

Yes, Arsenal can provide enormous point breaks, but is pretty much the only point-shaving framework in the game.

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: August 28, 2018, 09:32

Thanks, Celestial.

celestiale-
ditor
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 1, 2018, 01:40

My view is "Be ruthless about saying 'No' to Arsenal," then consider being flexible for a good concept that is not blatant point munching. For example, three slots of "Heightened Strength +10" is legal, and can be further abused by More Slots (at fewer points per slot, but they all stack) I'd push back on. But a Bat-Utility Belt is totally in-line with the point of Arsenal, so I'd let it slide and see how it played out.

celestiale-
ditor
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 1, 2018, 01:42

Having said that, however, I've played probably at least a thousand hours (probably more) of Champions, and even Arsenal can't touch the point abuse potential there, so I'd probably allow most anything, then pull the "Superman has to solve a riddle to go forward" game, so even the munchiest characters don't get a free ride.

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: September 1, 2018, 12:35

It’s for an NPC, but I see what you’re saying about players. I don’t think the Heightened Strength example applies. You would need to buy duration and/or charges for each slot or it would only last one turn.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.801 seconds.