Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Character Help
Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
Post Character Help
on: July 31, 2018, 18:43

Here's my personal character, loosely based on me (age, height, weight, background), but rolled (mostly) randomly using a Standard Power Level template. I have 10 points left over, and would love some suggestions on what to spend them on--please keep the suggestions in theme for a plant power hero. Thanks in advance for any help. I like how versatile and tanky he is, however I see his biggest obstacle being his To Hit chance with his abilities.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11MfWi-a-PwErWMTbGzaWyesfQ0lg-EUK

celestiale-
ditor
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Character Help
on: July 31, 2018, 19:32

I'm a fan of Knowledge, skill bonuses and languages are always good. Most humans with any kind of organized education have some skill in two more languages.

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: August 1, 2018, 10:42

Put 2 CPs into Strength, raising it from 19 to 21. You get more power, more hp, and more damage. Put the other 8 CPs into Heightened Expertise: +2. You can't go wrong with Ht. Expertise 😉

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: August 1, 2018, 13:00

The inner story teller in me likes celestialeditor's suggestion, but the inner power gamer in me likes bkadam's suggestion...I'll think it over--I do like Heightened Expertise as I want to be effective in combat (nothing worse than getting down to the fighting and missing a lot), but I also like skills and languages. Thank you both for taking the time to comment. Oh, and here's Snaredevil's backstory for anyone that's interested.

Dominick decided to become a subject of a drug trial to treat and hopefully cure his crippling asthma. The drug's main ingredient, Datura stramonium--also known as Devil's Snare is used often to treat respiratory ailments. It is also well known as a powerful hallucinogen and deliriant. The synthetic components of the drug when combined with the Datura stramonium and Dominick's unique physiology, caused him to have the worst trip of his life and develop super human abilities. When he came to his senses, he had nearly destroyed the lab, but strangely he had never felt better. Cornered by security guards, his altered body instinctively released a pheromone gas which caused anyone who inhaled it to run screaming from unseen terrors. With new found vigor, Dominick sprinted from the testing facility, snatched some clothes off of a line in someone's back yard, and hopped a bus back to his hometown of Seattle. He later discovered his plant controlling abilities completely by accident, causing some flowers in his friend's apartment to throw themselves out a window when they were causing his allergies to act up. Being a lifelong comic book and superhero fan, he set about crafting his alter ego, and has been using his powers to fight crime ever since. Not completely cured of his asthma, he has turned his skills at crafting towards making a fearsome helmet to both protect his identity, and to deliver a dose of his asthma medication when needed.

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: August 1, 2018, 17:35

I went for the 2 ST and Heightened Expertise. As he levels up, I'll branch out into Knowledge, and maybe even Inventing, since part of his origin involves crafting a helmet/mask to hide his identity and give him easy access to his asthma inhaler in combat.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: August 2, 2018, 06:05

Great stuff! I'll look for him here in Seattle, too. 😉

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: August 2, 2018, 10:17

A fellow Seattle-ite?

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: August 7, 2018, 10:58

Indeed! I'm just north of the city, in the Lynnwood area.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: August 7, 2018, 11:20

I'm in Lake City! We should meet up and talk games sometime. What's a good way to contact you? I noticed we can't PM each other on this forum.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: August 8, 2018, 13:34

Wow, you're close! Definitely we should meet up!

Shoot me a pm to dougred4-at-gmail.com.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.901 seconds.