Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Building a Robot
Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
Post Re: Building a Robot
on: July 8, 2018, 10:14

Great concept and execution, Rhino. I really like the background story. 🙂

I did notice a couple of things, though. 1) You don't have to buy Contact Attack for Fissure's Vibratory Ability Field. Ability Fields act as a Contact Attack by their very nature. 2) You don't have to buy Perimeter for Blueberry's Force Field if you only intend to use it to protect Blueberry. Area Effect and Perimeter allow Force Field to be used on a target location and are static (they don't move with the player).

RhinoDino1-
Street-Level Hero
on: July 8, 2018, 21:10

Hireling, thanks for taking a look.

Regarding the ability field, I originally thought exactly what you said. However, I was reverse engineering the flame aura table and I couldn't get what I thought the cost should be to match the costs in the flame aura table. I posted my confusion in these forums and someone pointed out that I need to consider the contact mod cost. Once I did that, the costs made sense. Check out my post called Ability Field.

For Blueberry's force field, I was trying to create a force bubble (half bubble) that could protect all within a certain radius of Blue. Should I have built that differently?

Jeff
Administrator
on: July 13, 2018, 09:15

"FORCE FIELD: 3/3/2/2 (2.5), Dia = 3", Perimeter (2.5), Gear, collar (-5), Charges = 1 + 50%"

This results in a 3" diameter bubble of force which is 'hollow' on the inside (so, 2 characters who are both inside of it are not protected from each other by it, nor does it interfere with them moving around inside of it). When it's created, it shows up centered directly on the character. But it doesn't move when they move; that would require the 'Moves With Self' (+5) modifier. This can be inconvenient, because the character is kind of trapped inside of it unless they 'push' their way out using the rules on p. 39).

If that's the effect you're looking for, then you're all set 🙂

-Jeff

RhinoDino1-
Street-Level Hero
on: July 17, 2018, 09:26

Jeff, thanks for taking a look. What you describe is how I imagined it, a stationary protection field. I wanted more of a dome shap/effect rather than a bubble, but I can work with a bubble. I may retool to find the 5 cps for the 'Moves With Self' modifier or just earn the 5cps during play and upgrade the gear. Either way I'm happy with what I've created and I'm glad the rules are starting to gel with me. I haven't had this much fun just creating characters since I discovered Basic D&D 35 years ago!

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.564 seconds.