Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 4.8.4 Injury, and Incapacitation & Death
Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
Post Re: 4.8.4 Injury, and Incapacitation & Death
on: June 20, 2018, 17:46

Thanks, Majestic. I'm coming around to the defense solution. I just need to talk to my players about minor tweaks to their characters--new abilities or gear. For example, I have one player with Telekinesis who skipped Kinetic Barrier. I bet he'd be glad to revisit that now.

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 20, 2018, 18:33

Another thing that players can do to mitigate the damage they take is to have their heroes take advantage of cover, either Light or Heavy. By using cover, it means that even if the character is hit with an attack, the damage may hit the cover first (on a d20 it's: 1-6 for light 1-14 for heavy).You can read about Cover on pg. 109 of the rule book.

Another way to possibly avoid taking damage is to use the Counterblast maneuver. It can be especially effective when you have teammates who can go on the offensive while one member locks down a villain using Counterblast. See pg. 117 to read about Counterblasting.

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: June 20, 2018, 23:25

Just read up on those. Thanks, BK. I have a character with Shaping. I'll suggest she make her own cover.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 21, 2018, 13:08

That's a really good idea, Hireling! My daughter has a fairly new PC (she likes fantasy, but was hesitant to play supers, even though she loves comics) with Shaping, and I think I'll encourage her to do that, too.

Now that she's played it a few times, she's been enjoying it.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: June 21, 2018, 22:10

I feel like a lot of players sleep on Shaping, but the more I see it in action, and the more familiar I become with the rules, it's clear how good it is. I hope you and your family have many enjoyable MP sessions. 🙂

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.374 seconds.