Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Command Weather
ADA-MAN
Street-Level Hero
Post Command Weather
on: May 3, 2018, 13:18

I have read every post and comment about Command weather. I'm still struggling lol. So with command weather, if my villain puts 30cps into it, do I have to create each weather type ability ahead of time? Do I split the 30cps within each weather ability or do I get 30cp/ability? If I do create each way he uses weather abilities ahead of time and add mods, what is the "...total cps cost adjustment balances out to (0)?
If someone can give me an example that would be great.
😎

Turgenev
High-Powered Superhero
Post Re: Command Weather
on: May 3, 2018, 14:12

The way I read it, Command Weather allows the character to control the current weather conditions at the time of use. So the character would have 30 CPs in the weather type and associated weather ability depending on current weather conditions. So if the character was present in a thunderstorm, then he could throw lightning bolts (30 CPs of Lightning Control: A) Electrical Bolt) or if he was in a blizzard, he would get 30 CPs of Ice Abilities.

I would write-up each Weather Ability since that would save time and have all relevant info at the gaming table.

For example,

Cloudy (Darkness Control, Visible Light & Colours): AGx2" Range, 23" Maximum Diameter, PR 2 (30)

Thunderstorm (Lightning Control: A) Electrical Bolt): ENx2" Range, 3d10 Energy damage, PR 4 per shot (30)

Tornado (Vibration: A) Vibration Blast): AGx2", d10+2d12 Sharp Kinetic damage, PR 5 per use (30)

If you wish to personalize the character's use of Command Weather by adding various modifiers to each Weather Ability, then the final cost of these modifiers must equal 0 (so the character would still have only have 30 CPs in each Weather Ability).

To continue with the previous examples...

Cloudy (Darkness Control, Visible Light & Colours): AGx2" Range, 9" Maximum Diameter, PR 2 (30), Full Darkness (+10), Reduced Area Effect (-10)

Thunderstorm (Lightning Control: A) Electrical Bolt): EN" Range, 3d10 Energy damage, PR 3 per shot (30), Reduced PR (+2.5), Reduced Range (-2.5)

Tornado (Vibration: A) Vibration Blast): AGx2", d10+2d12 Sharp Kinetic damage, PR 5 per use (30), Immunity (+2.5), Reduced at Range (-2.5)

ADA-MAN
Street-Level Hero
Post Re: Command Weather
on: May 4, 2018, 00:04

THX Turgenev

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.888 seconds.