Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Glare and Acquiring Targets/Perception questions
Toric
Street-Level Hero
Post Glare and Acquiring Targets/Perception questions
on: April 16, 2018, 03:50

I'm a bit confused about Acquiring Targets and how it relates to Glare.

Glare says that it reduces Analytical Senses to Basic and Full and Basic to Nothing. But in the example of play, the bad guys get to make Perception rolls to locate American Woman within her Glare. I'm assuming that they are using their full sense of sight. Wouldn't that be reduced to nothing as the Glare description states and therefore they wouldn't even get a chance to perceive her? Or does that only apply to those within the actual area of effect? If that is the case, what is the effect of those outside the glare trying to perceive someone inside it? Also, clearly from the example of play, AW's Glare affects sight but it doesn't actually specify what senses her Glare blocks in her stat block.

Is the correct interpretation that if any of the Avant Guard were inside AW's 5" Glare, they would have their full sense of sight reduced to nothing and not be able to perceive her at all but since they are outside the Glare, they can use their full sense of sight to try to locate her inside her Glare? Because being inside the Glare completely overwhelms full and basic senses but being outside it looking in isn't as harsh?

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
Post Re: Glare and Acquiring Targets/Perception questions
on: September 12, 2018, 13:23

Bumping this for clarification. I'd like to know as well.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 13, 2018, 16:16

I agree that this is a good question. However, the entry for American Woman does say what her Glare affects (it says "-2 sight levels").

And the entry for Light Control: Glare says that it affects both those inside ("within the area"), and also those "attempting to sense things within it".

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Jeff
Administrator
on: September 16, 2018, 20:59

Embarrassingly, the Example of Play contains errors. They are corrected on the Errata page on this website.

-Jeff

Hireling
High-Powered Superhero
on: September 17, 2018, 11:35

Thanks, Jeff!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 1.404 seconds.