Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Majestic asks for Forum Help with Crisis at Crusader Citadel
Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Majestic asks for Forum Help with Crisis at Crusader Citadel
on: March 10, 2018, 21:46

Unfortunately, the game didn't happen. I secured a table in the Open Gaming area, sat at it for hours (no other way to guarantee keeping it), wrote a note on a communal white board, set everything up, went over last-minute prep, and waited. The two most enthusiastic players had to drop when the wife got sick, and the others didn't show. We waited, but all that was there was myself, my son, and a friend. So we called the game. A bummer, but understandable too; at this point most of us are pretty exhausted after many long hours of gaming (today the three of us played an 8 hour game of MP earlier).

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

bcholmes
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 13, 2018, 08:39

Sad to hear. But good on you for all the efforts!

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 14, 2018, 12:36

Thanks, bc!

I could tell that there was a lot of interest, so next year I'll make sure to get an event into the program, as that will help insure some players.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

dan2448
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 15, 2018, 13:01

Disappointing. But this anecdote does sort of confirm my own expectation about how I would likely become fatigued after a day or two of non-stop gaming.

I've never attended a "sleep over' gaming convention. But as a teenager back 30+ years ago, not long after I got my driver's license, i went to a small local comic book convention and, taking advantage of my new freedom in those pre-internet days, stayed at the convention not only all day, but until about 1 AM, watching various cult films and animation (shown on a movie projector!). I went home, planning to coke back the next morning for another day of more of the same. But the next morning, I was completely exhausted/spent by having spent like 16 hours the day before at the convention, just enjoying everything (which at the time was not just a keystroke away, or readily available where I lived), and being among a crowd of other, similarly interested people. But I just didn't have any appetite for more.

I also reflect back to one year about 25 years ago, when I was at Mardi Gras in New Orleans and woke up one morning on a sofa in a living room, as my buddy and his girlfriend (her house, it turned out) were handing me a beer and telling me that we were leaving to attend a parade in 20 minutes. I wasn't ill or terribly hung over. But after already having spent a couple full days and nights partying, literally the last thing I wanted to do at that point was have a beer for breakfast and head out for more partying. All i really wanted was an Egg McMuffin, a cup of coffee, and ESPN.

GiantGoril-
la
High-Powered Superhero
on: March 21, 2018, 20:17

Sorry to hear about the lack of interest. consider running a game on Roll 20.
Or maybe promote the game with a free Mountain Dew 2 liter door prize.

I was into Charisma before it was Cool.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 22, 2018, 13:02

There was interest, it was just not very well coordinated (the Open Gaming portion). Gary Con has really busted at the seams the last couple of years, with this year having a 38% increase in attendance (I think it was nearly 2,700).

I have no doubt that next year, by doing things ahead of time and having it listed in the program (with an assigned area from the get-go), that we'll have a full table (most likely there will also be people waiting in the wings if someone else cancels or drops).

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 22, 2018, 14:15

There were two Mighty Protectors events at the Con, and me and two friends played in both of them (one of the other players also played in both). Each game had six participants; the first was an ambitious eight hours!

I'll post the summaries of them in my Campaign Summaries thread, as with a few minor tweaks I was able to make them fit into our campaign (both GMs allowed 150 CP PCs that you brought, and so two of my regulars brought their own from our game, and I constructed one just for these events).

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 29, 2018, 11:14

I've put some details of the last day's event up on the thread linked in the previous post. Like Dan posted above, a Sunday game meant we were all quite exhausted; combine that with an easily distracted GM who was making things up as he went along, and it wasn't a great event. 🙁

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.847 seconds.