Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Force Field: Deflect and Block
Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Force Field: Deflect and Block
on: February 5, 2018, 13:54

Force Fields make reference to attacks which are 'deflected' and 'blocked'.

Does "completely blocked" mean attacks, that, say, don't make it past other protections? I would think that one would resolve FF first (since it is outside the body) before resolving things like Armor.

The Example given has a Force Field's Protection Points "blocking" damage, so that must be what is meant by 'blocking'. How does one 'deflect' damage with a Force Field then?

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Jeff
Administrator
Post Re: Force Field: Deflect and Block
on: February 5, 2018, 16:49

Examples:

A character's Force Field provides 5 points of Kinetic Protection, and is hit by 7 points of Kinetic damage. It deflects 5 points, and the attack is not completely blocked.

A character's Force Field provides 5 points of Kinetic Protection, and is hit by 4 points of Kinetic damage. It deflects 4 points, and the attack IS completely blocked.

Hope that helps,
Jeff

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: February 6, 2018, 12:36

Ah, got it. Thanks, Jeff!

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

celestiale-
ditor
High-Powered Superhero
on: February 6, 2018, 19:06

I like the new way the "ablative" aspect of force fields is handled in MP.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: February 7, 2018, 13:02

I like it, too, and am eager to see it work in play, as it's an Ability I don't think I've seen in action yet.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 1.661 seconds.