Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Character with lots of weapons; pay for them all?
Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Character with lots of weapons; pay for them all?
on: January 1, 2018, 18:11

I'm building some ninja for my game, and I'd like to give them numerous weapons.

Per the Standard Weapons listed on p. 70, it would cost 15 CP for a long blade, 10 for nunchaku, 8 for a bow, 10 more for a small blade, etc. That gets really expensive, trying to arm multiple weaker (street-level) adversaries with so many weapons.

I suppose Arsenal is a possibility, since they're not going to be using them all at a time, but that seems weird.

I'm also curious what you think a ninja-to should be? I would think it qualifies as a Long Blade, but the rules say this is a 2-handed weapon, and ninja are often shown (comics and TV) wielding them one-handed.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Character with lots of weapons; pay for them all?
on: January 2, 2018, 07:58

You could use the Multi-Ability modifier to lower the cost, enabling the wielder to use any two weapons at a time.

Alternately, you may restrict a set of three or more Abilities so that
no more than two of them can be active or used at a time, by
applying a (-5) cost adjustment to each Ability in the set.

CP Ability
10 Long Blade (15), Multi-Ability (-5)
5 Nunchaku (10), Multi-Ability (-5)
3 Bow (8), Multi-Ability (-5)
5 Small Blade (10), Multi-Ability (-5)
23 Total CP Cost

I couldn't find my excellent Aaron Alston Ninja Hero book for weapon references (it's boxed up somewhere, I believe) Wikipedia says Ninjato are about 19" long, similar to a shortsword.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: January 2, 2018, 13:58

Thanks a bunch, Brian! I hadn't even thought of that one. Sometimes the characters can only use one (like when it's 2-handed like a longbow or longsword, but this should still fit nicely.

This solution is helping me buy up a bunch of weapons for a Samurai-type character, Ronin, as well.

Now to go figure out how to make a grenade...

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Grognardo
Superhero
on: January 2, 2018, 15:40

There's another thread where somebody needed help to create a caltrop grenade...

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: January 2, 2018, 17:04

I went with the following:

2d10 sharp kinetic (+17.5), Reduced charges, 1 (-17.5), Area Effect, 5" (+7.5), Multi-Ability (-5)

For a total cost of 2.5 (3) for a single fragmentation grenade.

ADA-MAN
Street-Level Hero
on: January 13, 2018, 06:38

1 EMP Grenade Gear Control(ocp) GBC 17(11+3 to hit)(ocp)Range=ST(-2.5) Charges 4(10cp)Gear Save@-1(ocp) Gear(-5cp)No communication(5cp)Single Command"OFF"(-10cp) Area Effect11"(15cp)No KB(-5cp) OOOO

2 Incendiary Grenade Range=ST(-2.5cp)Damage 2d6 Energy(10cp)Charges 1(0cp)Gear(-5cp)Area Effect 3"(5cp)|Vaporous6RNDS(0cp) Contact(7.5cp)Duration 2 RNDS(2.5cp)NoKB(-5cp) O

3 ICE Grenade Range=ST(-2.5cp)BreakPoint 2d8 Max18(15cp)Damage 3entropyBetweenRNDS(0cp)Gear(-5cp)Charges 3(7.5cp) OOO

4 Disentegration Grenade Range=ST(0cp) Damage 2d6 other(10cp) Chargesx3(7.5cp) Area Effect 1"(2.5cp) Accuracte(sticky) +1 to hit(2.5cp)Gear(-5cp) OOO

5 Cluster Grenade Range=ST(0cp) Damage 2d6 Kin/Sharp(10cp)Chargesx3(7.5cp)Area Effect 5"(7.5cp) Obvious(-5cp) Gear(-5cp)OOO

6 Plasma Grenade Range=ST(ocp)Damage 2d6 Energy(10cp)Charges x3(7.5cp)Area Effect 3"(5cp) Obvious(-5cp) Accuracy+1(2.5cp) OOO

7 Smoke Grenade Range=ST(-2.5cp)Reduce 2lvls(sight)(0cp)Area Effect 3"(10cp)Charges x2(5cp)Full Darkness+LVL(sight)(10cp) Vaporous 6RNDS(0cp) OO

8 Caltrop Grende Range=ST(-2.5cp)Damage 2d6Kin Dharp(7.5cp)Charges x3(7.5)Area Effect 3"(5cp) Vaporous 6RNDS(0cp) OOO

ADA-MAN
Street-Level Hero
on: January 13, 2018, 06:40

This is in an arsenal BTW,

ADA-MAN
Street-Level Hero
on: January 13, 2018, 06:49

A major problem came up when one of my players was trying to incorporate melee weapons into an arsenal. The problem is buying back the unlimited charges in the arsenal which makes weapons expensive. Arsenal gives you a cost adj of -12.5 for unlimited charges but it costs 22.5 to buy back unlimited charges. So the weapon now costs 10cp more. Nunchaku now costs 20cp!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.568 seconds.