Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Disney Buys Fox
bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
Post Disney Buys Fox
on: December 14, 2017, 08:40

Fantastic Four, X-Men Can Team With Avengers Thanks to Fox, Disney Deal

Maybe a decent Fantastic Four movie will come out of this. Also, it should be interesting to see how they re-boot the X-Men and how they integrate them into the MCU.

I'd also love to see Wolverine fight the Hulk, which he did in the comics way back in issue #181 of The Incredible Hulk:

View post on imgur.com

And here's a page showing them fighting:

View post on imgur.com

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Disney Buys Fox
on: December 14, 2017, 15:23

This has been ongoing for some time, and while I've read a lot of doom and gloom about how horrible this is, I for one am looking forward to Marvel getting these other properties under the same banner, finally.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

dan2448
Cosmic Superhero
on: December 14, 2017, 16:21

When I saw news of this deal, my first thought was, "well, now Disney owns all my all-time favorite childhood entertainment properties." For me, that would be headlined by Star Wars, Marvel Comics, and Planet of the Apes.

But on reflection, Disney doesn't yet own James Bond or the Six Million Dollar Man, or GI Joe or the Micronauts. Or the NBA. So they haven't quite assembled a total monopoly on my childhood heart.

But it seems like the day is coming when, other than TV news and live sports, I will watch only Disney-produced/owned entertainment, and have everything I buy delivered to my home by Amazon.

Better living through M&A and ruthlessly efficient logistics! (Maybe.....)

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: December 15, 2017, 09:16

This is totally about Disney needing content for their upcoming streaming service, which will -- primarily -- compete against Netflix and Amazon. What is problematic for Hulu subscribers is that Disney will now own 60% of Hulu. Unless they rebrand Hulu as their new streaming service, I could see Hulu being the red-headed stepchild of Disney's streaming services...

GiantGoril-
la
High-Powered Superhero
on: December 15, 2017, 17:17

Unfortunately the Fox deal does not include rights to Radioactive Man and Fallout Boy.

Up and Atom!

I was into Charisma before it was Cool.

celestiale-
ditor
Cosmic Superhero
on: January 31, 2018, 18:10

Shatterstar vs Kylo Ren
Thing vs AT-AT
Hulk vs Yoda

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: February 1, 2018, 14:49

I am not familiar with Radioactive Man or Fallout Boy. The latter I thought was a rock band.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

IndieComic-
sFan
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 9, 2018, 23:00

Quote from Majestic on February 1, 2018, 14:49
I am not familiar with Radioactive Man or Fallout Boy. The latter I thought was a rock band.

Homer and Bart Simpson in their superhero alter-egos IIRC. I think the band was just trying to name the band after the Fallout CRPG's 'Pip Boy' thing but I may be off on that.

Turgenev
High-Powered Superhero
on: June 10, 2018, 11:15

Radioactive Man and Fallout Boy first appeared in the Simpsons cartoon as comic characters in a fictional comic that was beloved by Bart and Milhouse. Later in 1994, Bongo Comics would publish an actual Radioactive Man comic limited series that was a satire on comics in general with each issue spoofing a specific comic era/style.

Issue 1: Radioactive Man #1 ("1952"). The first appearance and origin of Radioactive Man and was a spoof of Golden Age comics.
Issue 2: Radioactive Man #88 ("1962"). It features a "retelling" of the origin of Fallout Boy and was a parody of Silver Age Marvel comics.
Issue 3: Radioactive Man #216 ("1972") was a parody of the "relevant" age of 1970s comics, Radioactive Man discovered that Fallout Boy was a hippie spoofing issue #85 of Green Lantern/Green Arrow in which Green Arrow discovered his sidekick Speedy was a heroin addict
Issue 4: Radioactive Man #412 ("1980"). It was a parody of the "Dark Phoenix" story- in the X-Men comics.
Issue 5: Radioactive Man #679 ("1986"). It was a parody of several 1980s comic stories, particularly Crisis on Infinite Earths, Watchmen and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.
Issue 6: Radioactive Man #1000 ("1995"). It was a parody of 1990s comics, including Image Comics' Spawn.

Bongo Comics would publish other Radioactive Man comics but I haven't read those.

Cheers,
Tim

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 11, 2018, 11:34

Thanks for that, guys!

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.37 seconds.