Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to handle: Interchangeable bodies
StefanJ
Cosmic Superhero
Post How to handle: Interchangeable bodies
on: October 5, 2017, 18:00

I'm writing up a cyborg character. A disgraced admiral of a alien space navy.

His "core" is little more than a head in a shell. It has the basic senses a head has, plus a dedicated radio link to summon his robot bodies. It has a few hours of life support capability.

The bodies (which would normally be used by the navy's marines) have varying abilities. The character most often uses an Officer body, which is sturdy but doesn't have much in the way of combat gear. Other bodies resemble combat mecha.

Any idea how to handle a character write-up? I could create a separate sheet for each body.

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: How to handle: Interchangeable bodies
on: October 5, 2017, 19:08

You might try using the Vehicle rules to make this character. His 'head' becomes a sub-vehicle that precisely fits into a slot on each of his other bodies, which are specialized vehicles.

The Head can have Robot Brain, Automation, and Performance to make it human-like. It can also have Systems of Communicators, to summon his other vehicle bodies when necessary, a movement power like Flight, Heightened Senses, and any other Abilities that you would want to give it.

To make it roughly man-sized, you would need to give each vehicle Size Change B) Shrinking with the Stay's Active and Can't Hold Back modifiers, and make it Integral so it can't be disabled.

StefanJ
Cosmic Superhero
on: October 6, 2017, 08:33

Interesting! I need to drill down into the vehicle rules so this is another chance to try out stretch scenarios.

Would the head have disadvantages for being pretty much a head in a jar? If his comms weren't encrypted, they could be hacked.

Thanks,

Stefah

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: October 9, 2017, 12:50

I would also think the head would have the disadvantage of not being able to move (on its own). That should be worth at least a -10 (Miscellaneous, Serious) modifier. Though I imagine that would disappear when it is using a body

You might even make the 'conjoined units' Linked.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

StefanJ
Cosmic Superhero
on: October 9, 2017, 15:53

Would the head be a character with, say, 0 Strength and 0 Agility (and not-able-to-move disadvantage)? And give the various bodies appropriate Heightened Strength and Heightened Agility powers? Those seem like very un-vehicle-like powers, but it is what they do!

GiantGoril-
la
High-Powered Superhero
on: October 10, 2017, 19:31

Maybe create the most powerful version as your character, then the other versions as transformations.

Or Cybernetics seems to be the closest fit

I was into Charisma before it was Cool.

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: October 10, 2017, 20:38

Probably the easiest way to do this is make the 'head-in-a-jar' physically weak and unable to move on its own. Then use multiple versions of Companion to simulate the combat mecha 'bodies', each with a weakness that they will only work properly when the 'head' is attached.

GiantGoril-
la
High-Powered Superhero
on: October 11, 2017, 20:59

One possible adjustment: An arsenal of companion bodies with one slot.

I was into Charisma before it was Cool.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.114 seconds.