Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Problem Accessing Forums
Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Problem Accessing Forums
on: September 7, 2017, 23:59

For some reason, my computers at home (even using different browsers) are unable to access these forums. For the last few weeks, I've been getting 'captcha' boxes that make you complete a math problem (I figure to reduce bots), but now I can't log in via my desktop or my laptop. In the place on the right (under the MHG logo) where it normally shows the most recent forum posts, it instead says "Control Panel" and then under that it says "Fatal error" with a bunch of code.

Anybody else have any issues? I'm able to access everything fine using my phone.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Problem Accessing Forums
on: September 8, 2017, 00:10

FWIW, I tried clearing out my cache and cookies, and it still didn't work. But I tried typing "monkeyhousegames.com/forums" and that took me right to the forum page. Then once I signed in, that stuff on the right (about Fatal error and all) went away, replaced by the usual Meu and Latest Forum Posts sections.

Strange.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 8, 2017, 07:46

Other than it being slow, which has always been the case for me, I haven't had any problems accessing the forums.

Tempest
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 8, 2017, 21:43

Every once in a while, I'll get these "Your access to this site has been limited" cut-offs when trying to go past the opening page. The situation lasts for a day or two, then the gate lifts and I'm allowed back in. Not sure what's causing the blockage (obviously, as - if I did know - I'd address the situation ASAP), but it is something that's recurred several times since MHG has gone online.

Tangentially related point, but obviously there's no other place to introduce the topic: Has anyone or everyone else been getting a "404 (Page not found) error" when attempting to get the Villains & Vigilantes forum? It's been going on for several days, and I was wondering if the site's administrator/s had decided to call it quits and I happened to miss the notice. Not a major issue, in the long run, if such is the case; just means we'll be doing our V&V-related discussions on this site exclusively (shrug).

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 11, 2017, 16:37

I only get the 'access limited' message occasionally, if I try to switch pages too quickly on this site; mostly that problem has gone away for me.

I just tried accessing this site from work from the main page and the problem (posted in the OP) was there again. It was only by adding the '/forum' that I was able to log in and see the whole site.

@Tempest: they changed location over at the V&V Forum. Try cleaning out all your favorites, cookies, and clearing your browser cache, and you should be able to log in again (it even looks a bit different).

[FWIW, I couldn't get this post to work all day, trying various ways or logging in and out. It would change screens as if it worked, but nothing would show up. I finally left and came back and it eventually worked]

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 12, 2017, 08:12

I can't access this site on my tablet. I get the same "fatal error" message that Majestic describes.

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 12, 2017, 13:33

Now I'm getting the following error trying to access this website from my PC:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function hctpc_display_captcha_custom() in /home/content/42/6293042/html/wp-content/plugins/captcha/hctpc-contact-form-integration.php on line 12

dan2448
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 12, 2017, 15:34

Quote from Majestic on September 7, 2017, 23:59
For some reason, my computers at home (even using different browsers) are unable to access these forums. For the last few weeks, I've been getting 'captcha' boxes that make you complete a math problem (I figure to reduce bots), but now I can't log in via my desktop or my laptop. In the place on the right (under the MHG logo) where it normally shows the most recent forum posts, it instead says "Control Panel" and then under that it says "Fatal error" with a bunch of code.

Anybody else have any issues? I'm able to access everything fine using my phone.

I have been experiencing this exact same problem as well.

dan2448
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 12, 2017, 15:34

Quote from Majestic on September 8, 2017, 00:10
FWIW, I tried clearing out my cache and cookies, and it still didn't work. But I tried typing "monkeyhousegames.com/forums" and that took me right to the forum page. Then once I signed in, that stuff on the right (about Fatal error and all) went away, replaced by the usual Meu and Latest Forum Posts sections.

Strange.

I did something substantially identical just now, and this has been the first time I have been able to see the forums in several days, maybe even a couple of weeks.

Jeff
Administrator
on: September 13, 2017, 11:22

The problem was caused by an anti-spam plugin. We've removed it, and installed a different one. Please let us know if the problem persists. Sorry for the hassle!

-Jeff

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.069 seconds.