Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Super beauty
WarCry
Superhero
Post Super beauty
on: August 27, 2017, 19:14

My campaign is introducing a character with superhuman beauty any ideas how to represent this with this system?

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Super beauty
on: August 27, 2017, 19:38

Maybe something like this:

Emotion Control: IN save @ -5 (17.5), No Range (-10), 11" Area Effect (+15), Single Emotion: Love (-5), PR=0 (+7.5), Stays Active (+5), Can't Hold Back (-5), Must be gazed upon (-5), Single Gender Only (-5), Unobvious (+5); Total Cost = 20 CPs.

celestiale-
ditor
High-Powered Superhero
on: October 8, 2017, 14:51

"Skill Bonus: +6 on CL tests against anyone who would find the character attractive and desirable. (5 CP)" and call it a wash.

The old Aberrant RPG had some great mechanics for social attributes and things like "Mega Charisma" and "Mega Appearance." MP doesn't have a granular skill system, so some of the nuances are lost.

I think it depends on how "aggressive" you want the ability to be. BKAdams suggestion has a hard mechanic to back it up and "enforce" it on NPCs.

In contrast, my suggestion is extremely fuzzy and allows a lot of room to role-play "super influence," without a hard mechanic to say "Yes, but the NPC MUST yield, because the power description says..."

celestiale-
ditor
High-Powered Superhero
on: January 6, 2018, 13:06

WarCry, just out of curiosity, can you share what you ended up going with? And did it give you the desired results? I've got some Aberrant characters I've been toying with converting to MP.

ADA-MAN
Street-Level Hero
on: January 27, 2018, 06:51

I have thought about this for some of my conversions as well. What I did was just do the opposite of unattractive. You can do the same for contacts by using the opposite of nemesis weakness. Call it contacts.
ATTRACTIVENESS: The character is attractive. This results in a CL save bonus in any situation where the character's looks are a factor(during seduction attempts, etc) Attractiveness is worth (+5cp) per +2 reaction bonus. For +6 bonus 15cp. (+6 for 5cp is a way to generous BTW)
CONTACTS
The character has a personal friend or contact who is willing to help the PC. A contact could be a recurring superhero, a friendly
supervillain, a crusading newspaper publisher, etc. The CP value of this advantage depends on the point value of the contact, modified by the frequency of their helpfulness/presence.
If the contact is less powerful (20 to 40 CPs weaker) than the character, it’s worth (+2.5) CPs. If the contact is about equal in power to the character (within 20 CPs), it’s worth (+5) CPs. If the contact is more powerful than the character (20 to 40 CPs stronger), it’s worth (+10) CPs.
If the nemesis appears only rarely (showing up only once every 10 episodes or so), it’s worth another (+2.5) CPs. If it’s uncommon (about once per 5 episodes), it’s worth another (+5) CPs. If it’s common (encountered about once every 2.5 episodes), it’s worth another (+10) CPs.

ADA-MAN
Street-Level Hero
on: January 27, 2018, 06:57

You can use luck score save roll to see if they are available or if they simply answer their cell phone. lol
Contacts can also be used for some GM plot hooks.

celestiale-
ditor
High-Powered Superhero
on: January 29, 2018, 00:31

IIRC, some of the characters on BK Adams blog use the Companion ability, with Duplicates, to represent Contacts.

I also like Ada-Man's modeling

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: January 29, 2018, 02:40

I like it, and think it's clever and quite creative. I don't think, however, the relative power level of the Contacts should be factored in like it is with Nemesis. With an adversary, it's quite important to ascertain how effective they are in comparison to the character. But whether Jimmy Olson or Commissioner Gordon are the same power level as the hero shouldnt make much difference, I don't think. The frequency of how available they are totally makes sense.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

ADA-MAN
Street-Level Hero
on: January 29, 2018, 06:59

I was making the contact advantage for super-powered allies/friends/contacts. I ask my players to make 5 NPCs free (50 cp normals) then I ask them to make another 5 NPCs as contacts free ( 100cp normals with experience levels, skill bonuses, vehicles, bases (anything non-super-powered basically) If they want more they can buy them using my contact house rule above. For all 10 NPCs, I also use the luck roll to see if the NPC answer their cell phone, are available etc. I find NPCs are extremely important in any campaign. I try to use NPCs as I write scenarios for adventures. A TV series without surrounding cast would be boring.
With the companion ability, players would spend cps for them and they gravitate around the superhero almost all the time since its part of his spent CPs. While with free NPCs they can be killed, kidnapped and manipulated by ME without screwing around with my players CP bought companions. 🙂

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: January 29, 2018, 21:35

That's pretty cool. I've got so many players usually it's tough to do much with the supporting cast. But I've placed more emphasis on it lately, insisting that every player come up with at least one supporting cast member.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.113 seconds.