Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arsenal--can anyone give an example?
Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
Post Arsenal--can anyone give an example?
on: August 4, 2017, 09:51

I'm pretty sure there's something I'm not understanding about Arsenal, and I suspect strongly it has to do with how the whole "reduce to 1 charge, then increase" part of the process, which doesn't look like, on the face of it, it should change any costs at all.

Anyone think they understand it well enough to walk through construction of an Arsenal for me so I can figure out what I'm missing here?

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Arsenal--can anyone give an example?
on: August 4, 2017, 12:05

Here's an example of how you would build an Arsenal, laid out in chart format.

Base Cost: This is the initial CP cost of the Ability.
Arsenal Adjustment: This is the adjusted cost modifier that all slots receive, as shown on pg. 26. Power Blast, for example, has a 1 PR cost, so it's cost adjustment would be (-10).
Mod1 - Mod 5: These are additional modifier costs.
Arsenal Charges Cost: This is the cost of giving a slot more than the default of 1 charge.
Total Cost: Indicates the maximum CP points in the slot. This number cannot exceed the maximum points allowed by the Arsenal, which in this case is 15 points.

View post on imgur.com

Hope this helps

Edit: fixed an error with slot 6

Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
on: August 7, 2017, 00:01

Quote from bkadams on August 4, 2017, 12:05
Here's an example of how you would build an Arsenal, laid out in chart format.

Base Cost: This is the initial CP cost of the Ability.
Arsenal Adjustment: This is the adjusted cost modifier that all slots receive, as shown on pg. 26. Power Blast, for example, has a 1 PR cost, so it's cost adjustment would be (-10).
Mod1 - Mod 5: These are additional modifier costs.
Arsenal Charges Cost: This is the cost of giving a slot more than the default of 1 charge.
Total Cost: Indicates the maximum CP points in the slot. This number cannot exceed the maximum points allowed by the Arsenal, which in this case is 15 points.

View post on imgur.com

Hope this helps

Edit: fixed an error with slot 6

Thanks, BK; when I get a minute, I'll go over it carefully. I suspect the Arsenal Charges Cost may show me where I'm going awry.

Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
on: August 7, 2017, 09:15

I think I see the problem I'm having; I'd assumed the charge adjustment table under Arsenal worked out the same way the main PR/charges adjustment table did. It doesn't. For example, starting with an ability that would normally default to PR 1/24 charges goes to a -10 modifier for changing it to 1 charge on the Arsenal table--but going back up to 24 charges from that on the charges/PR adjustment table in the Modifiers section is +20. So looking more carefully at the Arsenal table, an equivalent item in it to one bought as a standalone costs about +10, or put another way, one of those 15 point items in it is actually really kind of a 5 point item.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.