Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Porting the Human Characteristics Weakness from LL
Captain-
Grognard
Superhero
Post Porting the Human Characteristics Weakness from LL
on: August 1, 2017, 02:27

I'm thinking of porting over to Mighty Protectors the Human Characteristics Weakness in Living Legends to represent a character who may possess superpowers but is basically mortal, with all of the inconveniences that go with that.

This came to mind because I used to own a Flash action figure from the Kenner Super Powers collection, and on the back of the blister pack were listed his various super speed abilities, as well as a single weakness: MORTAL. I had an epiphany of sorts then: except for his super speed, Barry Allen is really just a regular Joe, er, Barry, so I thought it would be appropriate to add it to my game.

I figure there would be some sort of Basic Characteristic caps involved, but because the systems are so different from each other, I'd like to ask for an Official Ruling From On High if I might.

Jeff
Administrator
Post Re: Porting the Human Characteristics Weakness from LL
on: August 1, 2017, 20:41

There's not really an equivalent in Mighty Protectors. MP doesn't award Weakness points simply for agreeing not to spend experience points on certain things, which is essentially what the LL "human characteristics" weakness is. Instead, that sort of thing emerges organically from your character's concept and backstory. Not a mutant or a weird science experiment? Just a regular guy? Then you'll have a hard time convincing your GM to allow you to spend experience to raise your Strength past what's reasonable for a normal human.

MP characters only get to take 20 points in Weaknesses. Standard power level character in LL get to take up to 50. So, we narrowed the focus of what constitutes a "weakness" in MP.

-Jeff

Captain-
Grognard
Superhero
Post Re: Porting the Human Characteristics Weakness from LL
on: August 2, 2017, 16:51

Ah-hah!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Because of my previous experience with point-build systems that have a tendency toward point-bloat (*cough* Champions *cough*), I'm still getting used to the leaner, lower point levels of MP.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.104 seconds.