Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Random item power
WarCry
Superhero
Post Random item power
on: June 27, 2017, 04:29

I am currently trying to convert a character from hero system to V&V3. The character is called Pack Rat and her ability is to reach into a dimensional pocket and pull out an item of variable use to the situation at hand. The power was built off luck, the more 6's rolled the more useful the item was. How would you guys go about building this power in V&V3?

My first thought is Shaping, uncontrollable and requires Luck roll, but there is a few issues such as variable materials.

Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Random item power
on: June 29, 2017, 22:14

I think I'd need more information to even speculate.

WarCry
Superhero
on: June 30, 2017, 04:56

Quote from Paragon on June 29, 2017, 22:14
I think I'd need more information to even speculate.

What extra info do you need?

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 30, 2017, 07:34

Without coming up with new abilities and/or new modifiers, I would use Arsenal and fill it with as many useful objects as I could think of. It is not open-ended but it comes close to what you are looking for.

Arsenal: 20 maximum CPs (25), 1 slot (-5), 36 options (+5), Mobile (+5), Time Requirement: 1 Phase (move or Action)(+10), No Conscious Control (-20); Total Cost = 20 CPs.

If you want more control then use this:

Arsenal: 20 maximum CPs (25), 1 slot (-5), 36 options (+5), Mobile (+5), Time Requirement: 1 Phase (move or Action)(+10), Requires BC save @+6 (-5), Harder Save -6 (-15); Total Cost = 20 CPs.

Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
on: July 2, 2017, 11:51

What I'm not quite understanding is how the thing worked in practice; was the GM deciding what it was within points from a VPP, or what?

WarCry
Superhero
on: July 2, 2017, 20:15

Quote from Paragon on July 2, 2017, 11:51
What I'm not quite understanding is how the thing worked in practice; was the GM deciding what it was within points from a VPP, or what?

No it was simpler than that the GM chose what the item was based on the Luck roll the more sixes rolled the more useful the item was. It was up to the GM what was pulled out with no pools or points involved though it was usually ran on the basis of no greater point worth than what was spent on the power unless there was a long run of bad rolling on the power thus a bit of latitude was allowed.

Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
on: July 2, 2017, 23:16

How did he decide what you paid for it?

WarCry
Superhero
on: July 4, 2017, 01:07

Quote from Paragon on July 2, 2017, 23:16
How did he decide what you paid for it?

By the active points in luck, but mostly eyeballed it off number of 6's rolled determined what it was. Eg to deal with an injury for one 6 rolled it might be some cloth to bind the wound for three 6's rolled it may be a first aid kit and for no 6's rolled it may be something useless like a prayer book. I think you are overthinking the power.

Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
on: July 4, 2017, 10:58

No, I meant, how did he decide what you paid for the ability to do it in the first place?

WarCry
Superhero
on: July 4, 2017, 19:23

Quote from Paragon on July 4, 2017, 10:58
No, I meant, how did he decide what you paid for the ability to do it in the first place?

It was based off the Luck power rpts per dice.

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.105 seconds.