Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Character Sheet of Majestic
Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Character Sheet of Majestic
on: April 21, 2017, 02:29

Just finished writing up my old PC Majestic:

View post on imgur.com

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

wistling
High-Powered Superhero
Post Re: Character Sheet of Majestic
on: April 21, 2017, 06:54

Is Linked the way to go? It seems Linked means you would have to activate your darts at the same time as Revivication, for eample.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 22, 2017, 00:34

That's not what it says, though. To quote it exactly:

This links a group of two or more abilities and/or
weaknesses together, so that they’re all available (or
unavailable) at the same time.
It takes 1” of movement and PR=0 to activate (and
deactivate) all of the abilities in the group at once. Any PR
or charges on each of the abilities must still be paid
individually. The character may refrain from activating a
linked ability (but not a linked weakness) by not paying its
activation cost, but they may not activate any one of the
abilities or weaknesses on its own.

So all of the abilities (darts and revivication) are active (and available) together. But they don't have to be used at the same time. At least that's the way it's written (right now). If something else is meant, they should really make that clearer.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 22, 2017, 00:39

Oh, and also, one of my players pointed out a couple of things I could do better, more efficiently. I'll write things more specifically in their own sections (specifics on issues like Life Support, for example).

In essence, the two changes I'll be making (pending answers to questions here) are:

1) Buying his Life Support for much less (using the modifier for Unlimited charges).
2) Making his staff (modeled after the one on Stargate) both Linked and Multi-Function Gear.

wistling
High-Powered Superhero
on: April 22, 2017, 17:03

Thanks. I think I see what is meant, but an example and clarity in the rules text might be helpful indeed.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 22, 2017, 17:33

Agreed; I think it could be clearer. And they might be meaning it to work the way you're saying, too.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 24, 2017, 12:56

I just realized that the way I wrote his Vulnerability, down in the 'Protection' section, is totally wrong. Part of why I thought to do it that way was that it was the method Jeff did when converting the character many years ago.

Instead of showing a -4 in the Psychic column, it should not show anything there (as it doesn't change the amount of protection). Instead, though it is a little less elegant overall, I'll put a "+4 Psychic" underneath the box with his Mental Defense.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.119 seconds.