Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Armor and Life Support
Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Armor and Life Support
on: April 24, 2017, 12:47

Perhaps I am caught up too much in the legacy and history of the names, but Life Support does seem a better fit, being as it describes it as Gear and a space suit (by definition). I'll go ahead and cost out Adaptation, to see if that works better (as I've seriously toned down Life Support and it still costs more than what I had above).

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 24, 2017, 12:53

After looking into it some, it would cost way more to go with Adaptation, if it defended against the things Life Support defended against in 2.1 It also gave a better final defense, taking only 1/2 damage (rounded down), rather than simply giving 2 points of protection (as Life Support did).

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Paragon
High-Powered Superhero
on: April 25, 2017, 15:24

Well, I'll admit until the revision I'm avoiding saying too much based on numbers.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 28, 2017, 13:37

I'm wondering why Life Support can't have the Unlimited charges bit? First off, it doesn't appear to cause charges to defend (with its Protection) anyway, as all that is listed says it has a PR of 0.

But being as characters in 2.1 had effectively Unlimited charges, by default, I'm wondering how this is abusive in any way? My character Majestic has had this ability from the start (all the way to current 18th Level) and it has never come up once. But the whole point of a "space suit" should be that it provides some protection.

I'm just wondering why it is that the Unlimited option is no longer available?

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.