Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Armor and Life Support
Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Armor and Life Support
on: April 19, 2017, 15:37

I converted my PC namesake and am now working on F.I.S.T. Both characters have Life Support built into their Armor.

Since Life Support is already Gear (by default), am I correct in assuming it would be improper/unfair to take the Gear: Multi-Function Gear modifier (-2.5), even though the Life Support could be damaged as one of the sub-systems of the Armor?

And also, would it be common to make the entire set of Abilities (the ones grouped together as sub-powers) all Linked?

Another Armor question (though not Life Support related): In our game, F.I.S.T. has made his Armor non-ferrous (tired of dealing with Magnetic Control characters). I did this as follows:

+10 Miscellaneous (non-ferrous)

Does that seem like a fair cost for this ability?

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Paragon
High-Powered Superhero
Post Re: Armor and Life Support
on: April 19, 2017, 19:53

There should be some way to roll together gear the way Multifunction does, even if the power defaults to Gear. If Mutlifunction Gear is a modifier that stacks with the normal Gear modifier, I don't see any reason it shouldn't work on Life Support too.

As to your second question--it honestly seems overpriced to me; after all, its only really relevant if you're up against a Magnetic controller. I'd have to look at the costs normally ascribed to Immunity to be able to really answer, though.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 21, 2017, 00:14

On that second one, I was vacillating between 5 and 10. You're probably right, it should probably be 5. Thanks for the feedback!

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 21, 2017, 02:51

Majestic wrote:

Another Armor question (though not Life Support related): In our game, F.I.S.T. has made his Armor non-ferrous (tired of dealing with Magnetic Control characters). I did this as follows:
+10 Miscellaneous (non-ferrous)
Does that seem like a fair cost for this ability?

Nothing in the rules says or implies that Armor is ferrous. Thus, if you want to say that your character's armor is made of a ferrous metal, I'd actually give it a (-2.5) CP modifier for being subject to Magnetism.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 22, 2017, 00:47

Since most (typical) vehicles, robots, armor, etc. is made up of iron or steel, it seems most things that are metal would be vulnerable. There are more and more armors (in real-life) that are going away from ferrous metals: ceramics, Kevlar, plastics, etc.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 22, 2017, 01:53

One of my players helped me figure out a much more efficient way to buy my Life Support, making it much more like it was in 2.1 (indefinite) for much less cost.

I buy it at the smallest amount possible (5), take the charges (from 8 1-round) to Unlimited (for +7.5), and since it doesn't take any Action or movement cost, it doesn't really matter that it only lasts for a single round. The Linked and Multi-Function Gear modifiers are another -2.5 each, which took the overall cost from 22.5 to 7.5 (though it's possible that the MF Gear modifier shouldn't give anything, being as Life Support is already Gear by default).

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 22, 2017, 06:10

Quote from Majestic on April 22, 2017, 01:53
One of my players helped me figure out a much more efficient way to buy my Life Support, making it much more like it was in 2.1 (indefinite) for much less cost.

I buy it at the smallest amount possible (5), take the charges (from 8 1-round) to Unlimited (for +7.5), and since it doesn't take any Action or movement cost, it doesn't really matter that it only lasts for a single round. The Linked and Multi-Function Gear modifiers are another -2.5 each, which took the overall cost from 22.5 to 7.5 (though it's possible that the MF Gear modifier shouldn't give anything, being as Life Support is already Gear by default).

The next iteration of the rules is going to stipulate that you cannot buy unlimited charges for Life Support. You may want to look at Adaptation instead...

You can make a (default) Gear Ability into a Multi-Function Gear Ability, but it will cost you +2.5 CPs.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 22, 2017, 17:37

Thanks, Brian. That makes sense.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.149 seconds.