Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Telepathy Range and Modifiers
Jeff
Administrator
Post Re: Telepathy Range and Modifiers
on: April 17, 2017, 10:58

Oops! Yeah, I thought the question related to the general-purpose 'Links' and 'Indirect' Modifiers.

My mistake. I'll go back and take another look.

-Jeff

Paragon
High-Powered Superhero
on: April 17, 2017, 11:01

Thanks, Jeff.

Jeff
Administrator
on: April 17, 2017, 14:47

Quote from Alienist on April 10, 2017, 13:11
Telepathy has no range listed, as distance is normally limited by the character's own senses. What is the default range when the ability becomes non-sense dependent due to a modifier such as Indirect or Links?

Now that I've finally grasped your actual question...

The answer is, there is no range limit.

If you've established a telepathic link with someone, you can re-connect with them at any time, no matter how far away they are.

If you have Indirect telepathy, then you can initiate contact with whatever target is at whatever place you can specify. It has to either be a place you know the exact location of (for example, the men's room at the local Home Depot - if you know where that is, for example by having been there, or by locating it on a blueprint of the building), OR it has to be a place that you can perceive indirectly, for example the President's desk in the Oval Office, if it's on live TV.

I'll also be changing those Telepathy Modifiers to, 'Positional' and 'Telepathic Links', to avoid further confusion.

-Jeff

Alienist
Street-Level Hero
on: April 17, 2017, 15:20

Thanks for clearing that up.

Paragon
High-Powered Superhero
on: April 17, 2017, 19:40

Yes, thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.099 seconds.