Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Armor has a PR cost of 1?
Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
Post Armor has a PR cost of 1?
on: March 23, 2017, 22:09

According to the errata, Armor has a PR cost of 1 That seems--odd--as a default. Most of the character I'd characterize as having Armor in the comics don't seem to have to extend any effort to maintain it. And V&V3 already has a separate power for force fields.

melronpere-
dor
Street-Level Hero
Post Re: Armor has a PR cost of 1?
on: March 24, 2017, 08:57

I don't really understand this errata either. It is a Continual ability which means that the average brick would fatigue himself and would be fatigued perpetually.

cptpatriot
Street-Level Hero
on: March 25, 2017, 06:30

It only means you end up needing to buy Reduced PR(pg 100) and spend 2.5 points to make it PR=0

My V&V characters
G-Girl - https://1drv.ms/x/s!Aop_qh90dQb1knRB1ZI0kRWIOpgW

wistling
High-Powered Superhero
on: March 25, 2017, 08:34

I'm ok with either. PR 1 per hour can simulate carrying that extra weight. And since 1 minute of rest gives back 1 Power, it just means taking a minor break. As long as Gear / charges calcs are consistent with whichever is correct, it seems negligible.

xhaosdaemo-
n
Superhero
on: March 25, 2017, 09:08

I have to say I notice that both Armor and Force Field are significantly weakened from 2.1. Armor purchased at Standard power level for 20 points absorbs at best 12 points of damage if you put it all in one damage category and if you divide it as shown more than 50% of the time a *pistol* will penetrate it. The same thing goes for Force Field which is also very pricey at 16 PR and seems to go down pretty easy. It doesn't appear easy to have armor as effective as Iron Man's or a force field as effective as Sue Storm's at this point, even at the higher power levels. I would be happy to be proven wrong, examples are always handy and I may be missing part of how Force Field works but at this moment both seem VERY nerfed to me.

Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 25, 2017, 10:32

I tend to agree, Xhaosdemon. I also wonder if force fields and armor are supposed to stack; if not that probably should be said, and if it does, it seems to overly favor that combination.

I suspect part of the problem is that 3.0 Armor isn't ablative, so if you make it too easy to get up near the damage threshold, its a little problematic. I'm thinking Jeff might have swung a bit much in the other direction in doing that, though.

And the Armor PR cost is per round, Wistling. That's just--weird. I'm not sure how to picture what's supposed to be going on with that.

wistling
High-Powered Superhero
on: March 25, 2017, 12:37

Oh, rounds would be problematic.

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 25, 2017, 13:21

In the 6 years I've been play-testing VnV3, Armor has never had a PR cost. I could be wrong, of course, but it's likely just a mistake.

Protection abilities do stack: see section 4.8.2 on pg. 117 of the pre-release rules.

Making Iron Man's armor isn't that hard, you just need to give it a higher kinetic protection than the other protection categories, or give it kinetic invulnerability, or both.

Also note that if the damage a force field takes is equal to or less than its protection, the damage does not get recorded.

Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 25, 2017, 17:03

That's why I wonder if its some kind of typo, BK. Maybe something else was done to it, and Jeff accidentally copied over the note right above it on Adaptation?

Jeff
Administrator
on: March 27, 2017, 11:34

Yep, I had a typo in my errata. Embarrassing! It's fixed now. Armor PR=0. Thanks, guys!

-Jeff

Pages: [1] 2 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.123 seconds.