Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 12 13 14 [15]
Author Topic: 2.9 General Questions
Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: 2.9 General Questions
on: May 16, 2017, 18:50

Quote from Majestic on May 16, 2017, 16:12
If a character typically carries two different weapons (say two billy clubs, or two swords), would it be proper to buy the Ability of Special Melee Weapon twice? Or does having that Ability once give the character access to that weapon (one or more), and they simply use it to the best of their ability (which in some cases would mean they use two)?

A lot of it would depend on another issue I brought up in that post: how does two weapon strikes work unarmed? Do you have to buy anything special to do that? If so, I'd think you'd need some kind of addition on a weapon, too, if only a modifier of some level.

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: May 16, 2017, 19:56

Quote from Majestic on May 16, 2017, 16:06
How would one go about creating a character that leaps/jumps farther or higher than the formula on p. 114 allows?

So far it doesn't seem to be a problem for the characters I've worked on, but I don't see any simple way of handling this. Perhaps a greater Strength/Carrying Capacity, but only for purposes of Leaping?

I would buy Heightened Strength with a modifier of Miscellaneous: only for leaping purposes, (-10). You could argue that such a modifier would be worth more or less but you're not getting Power, Hits, HTH damage or (normal) movement out of it.

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: May 16, 2017, 20:00

Quote from Majestic on May 16, 2017, 16:12
If a character typically carries two different weapons (say two billy clubs, or two swords), would it be proper to buy the Ability of Special Melee Weapon twice? Or does having that Ability once give the character access to that weapon (one or more), and they simply use it to the best of their ability (which in some cases would mean they use two)?

I would buy them separately or possibly put them into an Arsenal, depending on how expensive they are. You could also use the Multitudes modifier, although that would likely be a more expensive option (and the weapons would be identical).

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: May 17, 2017, 15:57

Thanks, Brian!

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Digital-
Ninja
Street-Level Hero
on: June 27, 2017, 07:51

Can Lightning Control C (Gear Control) allow a player to take control of any technological device including other players powers like high tech armor powers? What about things like computers? Does it enable them to call up any information on that computer? I can't find the info in the forum.

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 27, 2017, 08:59

According to the rules: "This Voluntary Ability enables the character to take control of electrical gear."

So, yeah, as long as the Gear in question is some sort of 'electrical gear.'

Computers use electricity so they would be subject to control and if successful could be ordered to give all of the information it has on any particular subject.

A powered-armor suit like Iron Man's armor uses electricity so it would be subject to control.

Firearms do not use electricity so they would not be subject to control.

Etc., etc.

Pages: First << 12 13 14 [15]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.109 seconds.