Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Author Topic: 2.9 General Questions
Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: 2.9 General Questions
on: April 24, 2017, 11:36

It read like the latter, to me.

Jeff
Administrator
on: April 24, 2017, 22:14

Reversible updated: see Errata.

-Jeff

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 28, 2017, 16:50

So is the +15 modifier (for each attack) already built into the Poison/Venom Ability?

The way it reads, it appears that the first (initial) attack would have no modifier, but then the second (Poison/Venom) attack would work upon contact. Normally that second (Poison) attack would have a modifier of +15 (per Contact modifier, p. 97), but in this case it appears that it is built-in to the cost of the Poison ability?

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

wistling
High-Powered Superhero
on: May 1, 2017, 11:01

Thanks for the revisions, Jeff.

Range rounding: in cases where you have something like (ST+EN)/2 or AG/4, do you round up or down?

I can see the rounding issue slowing down gameplay if it's not always in one direction. Maybe a short appendix might help, e.g., always round up except if you are using the following powers/calculations (with a section reference)?

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: May 1, 2017, 16:19

I've suggested the same exact thing. For 'rounding off' in all cases, I think establishing a general rule early on in the rules would be wise.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: May 2, 2017, 13:04

It appears that it is difficult for Non-Corporeal characters to be able to do what they could in 2.1: move about the battlefield and attack while remaining intangible.

It says on p. 113 (4.3, Turns) that one's movement phase can't be split up, which makes me think a Non-Corporeal person (without Super Speed) can't use movement (1") to turn corporeal, attack, and then use another 1" of movement to turn back to being insubstantial.

So I'm thinking that the most effective way a Non-Corporeal character can utilize an attack would be to "save their turn" while intangible until the end of a particular turn. Then, right before the turn is over, use movement to turn corporeal, and then act (with an offensive ability towards a target).

Upon their action, whenever it occurs in the next turn, they can attack again, then turn insubstantial again.

Is that a valid way of doing things? Am I understanding the Non-Corporeal ability?

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: May 2, 2017, 16:05

On p. 112 there are details on Stealth.

So there's no roll, regardless of how sneaky a character is? So my massively clumsy robot, who happens to have bright neon colors and is the antithesis of stealth, can sneak just as well as a ninja, just by declaring that that he is 'sneaking' (and moving at 1/2 speed)?

I like how stealth interacts with Basic senses (I would assume a character with Full senses would not have difficulty, especially if the sneaking character was, say, 40' tall). But it doesn't make sense to me that a tank could just move at 1/2 speed and could therefore "sneak" down a city street. Even if everyone was blinded (say, by darkness), one would think that they could easily know that it's there.

melronpere-
dor
Street-Level Hero
on: May 6, 2017, 11:01

My players and I have been enjoying the game, but anyone feeling like damage output, way outpaces what characters can survive? The pcs hit points are around 13 to 15 and the 20 points power blast dishes out 2d10 (average 10.5 so lets say 10 to 12 dmg) that means basically it one shots everyone if it hits. Vibration is worse as 20 cp gives 2d10+1d8 dig for 15 pts average. The equivalent armour blocks nowhere near enough damage.

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: May 6, 2017, 11:36

This may be a dumb question... but are your player-characters rolling with damage? If not, see section 4.8.3 of the rules.

melronpere-
dor
Street-Level Hero
on: May 6, 2017, 11:56

No such thing as a dumb question 🙂 but yes they roll with damage. 50 some power absorbs 5 points but don't forget that if you take 1/2 of your remaining hit points in one shot you are Koed so 14 hp gets it by 14 pts dmg rolls for 5, 9 go through down you go. Obviously rolling in some cases will give you 1 more hit you can survive. The most hps one the characters has is 23. He can survive one more hit. My issue is that it goes both ways, most fight go to whoever hits first with a power like that.

Pages: First << 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 4.009 seconds.