Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Basic Characteristic Caps
Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Basic Characteristic Caps
on: March 17, 2017, 13:10

I've really struggled trying to figure out these charts, and I think some further illustrations or tweaks could really help make these clearer. It wasn't until I came here and read Brian's replies that I was able to make some sense from some of it.

Perhaps there could be grayed lines (or a bold underline, or big thick line), where each of the 'Power Levels' cap at? For instance, if the line that says

Standard (150) 150-154 40 30 15

was "grayed out" (or had an underline) to distinguish it from all of the other lines, I think it might be helpful (perhaps with additional notation that this is the maximum for any beginning Standard Power Level character - it is for only beginning ones, right?)

As I was struggling to understand the chart, I couldn't tell (just from reading the rules) if that line was the limit, or if the line right before 'High (200)' (the one that has 195-199 49 39 18) was the cap (as it's right before you hit the 'High Power' level.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Jeff
Administrator
Post Re: Basic Characteristic Caps
on: March 17, 2017, 19:11

Thanks for that excellent suggestion. Yes, the cap from 150-154 only applies to beginning standard power characters. As characters gain CPs, their caps go up as well.

-Jeff

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.095 seconds.