Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Supers with lots of Hit Points
Clangador
Superhero
Post Supers with lots of Hit Points
on: February 25, 2017, 13:43

I'm statting out a player character for a game. By luck of the roll, he ends up with Heightened A or B on every stat but charisma and ends up with 97 hit points. Doesn't this seem a little excessive? I'm not sure I want a character with that many hit points running around in my game. What is the general opinion on characters like this? Are they going to end up too powerful in a game?

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Supers with lots of Hit Points
on: February 25, 2017, 14:39

Mighty Protectors (V&V3.0) characters tend to have less hit points than V&V2.1 characters. For example, a starting character that is maximized on stats (with Ht. Strength, Ht. Endurance, Ht. Agility, and Ht. Cool), will have about 58 hit points. Still, that's a lot of hit points. But such characters are "stat monsters" and have almost no other abilities.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Supers with lots of Hit Points
on: February 27, 2017, 13:34

I don't ever find them to be a problem. Especially in 2.1, where (generally speaking) a character with 25 HP is as vulnerable as a character with 1,000. They still have a % chance equal to the amount of damage they've taken that will leave them unconscious.

Besides, look at it this way: If a character with lots of HP can take a lot of punishment (less likely to be incapacitated), that means they're not going to be knocked out, with the player no longer having to sit there doing nothing, waiting for their character to be woken up. That's a good thing, right?

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.113 seconds.