Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Help: T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents for Living Legends...
bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Help: T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents for Living Legends...
on: November 29, 2016, 12:07

Yes, the Heightened Deftness gives him a better overall chance to hit. I hadn't put much thought into it but you might want to NOT give him Heightened Deftness, since it doesn't necessarily follow that super speed would make you super-accurate.

As far as the loss of CPs goes... If I were GMing the campaign I would stipulate that a record be kept of the total time the PC wears the suit. For every full hour, the PC would either lose 3 CPs off of his stats or he would gain 3 CPs worth of a Weakness that doesn't actually affect his point cost. For example, the player might want to allocate those lost CPs into a Physical Disability like Forgetful or Hard of Hearing, but he gets no points for them.

Permanently losing CPs is something no player would ever want his character to be subject to, but if the campaign were of a limited duration, it wouldn't be too bad and might actually provide a lot of drama as the player would be desperate to minimize his exposure to the suit.

dan2448
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Help: T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents for Living Legends...
on: December 5, 2016, 12:53

Ok. I think I finally OD'd on THUNDER Agents comic books. In addition to buying and reading all the reboots since the 1980s, I also finished reading the first five (of seven) DC Archives hardback reprints of the 1960's THUNDER Agents comics books (with volume 7 reprinting the 1980s Deluxe series, which I already have in their original form).

Everything was very cheap online. But it may've been too much, too quickly for me personally to really, truly enjoy, by the end.

That being said, I did learn that the most famous villain, the Iron Maiden, didn't really seem to have any super powers. And the two primary 'organizations' that they battled repeatedly, the C.O.B.R.A./H.Y.D.R.A.- like S.P.I.D.E.R., and this group of green-skinned, skull faced 'subterraneans,' were sort of 'garden variety'/generic/archetypical groups not really needing to be stat'ed up specially and uniquely.

For the purposes of this thread about creating Living Legends stats for them, which I have really enjoyed and appreciated tremendously the feedback of others, especially bkadams, that leaves only Raven.

In this regard he is unique, because V&V stats for him were published with that advertisement in the first two Deluxe Comics issues from 1984. Presumably, these stats were drafted by Jack Herman, because he was listed as the author of the upcoming sourcebook about the team for V&V teased in that ad.

I couldn't find a copy of that advertisement already posted online to link to here. So instead I'll type them out here:

Identity: Craig Lawson
Side: THUNDER
Sex: male
Level: 11
Powers:
1. Wings Device: +3 Agility, maximum speed of 100 mph, and PR= 1 per hour of flight
2. Natural Weaponry: Claws. +3 to hit, +8 damage in Hand-to-Hand combat when using claws
3. Heightened Senses Device: Infra-red goggles to see heat sources
4. Heightened Senses: Eyesight is good in almost total darkness. Twice normal human range hearing ability
Weight: 183 lbs
Agility Modifier: -
Basic Hits: 4
Strength: 14
Agility: 23
Charisma: 17
Endurance: 17
Intelligence: 18
Reaction From Good: +2 From Evil: -2
Hit Modifiers: 8.7024
Hit Points: 23
Damage Modifier: +3
Accuracy: +4
Healing Rate: 1.8 per day
Power: 70
Basic Hand-to-Hand: 1D6
Carrying Capacity: 429 lbs
Movement Speeds: 84 inches on ground, 440 inches in the air
Detect Hidden: 12% (24%)* *Infra-red goggles
Detect Danger: 18% (32%)*
Inventing: 48%
Inventing Points: 4.4

I assume that the easiest way to produce LL stats for Raven is to consult the V&V to LL conversion guide, which I have a copy of. But to be honest, I may come back to this once my self-induced burn out on the THUNDER Agents lifts...

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.108 seconds.