Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Discussion: Making an Artificial Intelligence
cptpatriot
Street-Level Hero
Post Discussion: Making an Artificial Intelligence
on: September 12, 2016, 16:22

I have a character I created called G-Girl who due to an error on my part ended up being a 10 year old girl supergenius, gravity controller with invulnerability.

In trying to define how her powers gelled together, I had her Invulnerability stem from a psi-amplifier she created into her panda backpack called Penelope. I had defined it as an AI that regulated the psi-amplifier and someone she would speak with and have conversations with. I came up with the idea to use my inventing points to expand Penelope's role and become a full AI.

I had the idea of buying Penelope as a Petan Animated Servant: Type B as suggested by calebhero, but I'm not sure how to go about doing thiswrite the computer up, or am sure if this the direction I should take with it?

My V&V characters
G-Girl - https://1drv.ms/x/s!Aop_qh90dQb1knRB1ZI0kRWIOpgW

calebhero
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Discussion: Making an Artificial Intelligence
on: September 13, 2016, 07:23

Animated Servant: Type B is a better fit. I would recommend using that instead of Pet.

cptpatriot
Street-Level Hero
on: September 13, 2016, 15:05

Good point, thanks. Have you seen a writeup for a computer somewhere?

My V&V characters

cptpatriot
Street-Level Hero
on: September 13, 2016, 19:19

Deleted as it was a duplicate post

My V&V characters

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 15, 2016, 11:49

Welcome, cptpatriot!

I can't recall any super-intelligent computers, per se, but it should be a pretty simple matter of giving it stats. What exactly do you want it to do?

For instance, if you wanted it to make G-Girl smarter (since she can ask Penelope anything), you could write it like this:

Animated Servant: Backpack 'Penelope'; gives G-Girl Heightened Intelligence: +15. See separate character sheet:

Penelope
Side: Good
Sex: N/A
Level: 4
Structural Rating: 11 (exterior), 3 (interior)
Hit Points: 10

You wouldn't really need to assign a Strength, Agility, etc. to the backpack, since it really can't act on its own. You might want to assign it some Armor or Invulnerability to protect it some (in case it ever gets damaged).

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

cptpatriot
Street-Level Hero
on: September 15, 2016, 15:25

Well, I assumed that since Penelope was the backpack that gave the Invulnerability that it would be protected also, but that makes a lot of sense to have Invulnerability or Armor on its own.

Now, I didn't assume Penelope would stay a backpack when she grew up. When I eventually was forced to bring G-Girl's age to 15, to bring it up to the minimum age she could be, if I had rolled the dice correctly. I eventually made G-Girl making Penelope a wrist device similar to a Fallout Pip-Boy, since she's an avid gamer as a teen.

So, if Penelope needed to be added to the initiative order, would we just make her roll 1d10?

My V&V characters

cptpatriot
Street-Level Hero
on: September 15, 2016, 15:44

Quote from Majestic on September 15, 2016, 11:49
Welcome, cptpatriot!

I can't recall any super-intelligent computers, per se, but it should be a pretty simple matter of giving it stats. What exactly do you want it to do?

For instance, if you wanted it to make G-Girl smarter (since she can ask Penelope anything), you could write it like this:

Animated Servant: Backpack 'Penelope'; gives G-Girl Heightened Intelligence: +15. See separate character sheet:

Penelope
Side: Good
Sex: N/A
Level: 4
Structural Rating: 11 (exterior), 3 (interior)
Hit Points: 10

You wouldn't really need to assign a Strength, Agility, etc. to the backpack, since it really can't act on its own. You might want to assign it some Armor or Invulnerability to protect it some (in case it ever gets damaged).

I figured Penelope would allow G-Girl to interface with other computers and devices, but I'm blanking on what else to do with her besides helping her with research and helping with other Intelligence-based tasks, so I'll stick with Heightened Intelligence.

My V&V characters

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: September 16, 2016, 12:59

Even though the random chart (which is technically for NPCs) might preclude characters younger than 15, you of course could do whatever you want. So if you want her to be 12, or 11, or whatever, make it so!

Ordinarily, yes, she would just roll a d10 and add her Agility, to find when she'd move in initiative order.

Heightened Intelligence is probably the best catch-all, being as the basic rules don't give any kind of skills. Note that there's a somewhat official add-on (for Tasks and Saves, located here) for basic skill checks, so perhaps Penelope gives G-Girl a +5 to all research-based checks, or something similar?

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

cptpatriot
Street-Level Hero
on: September 16, 2016, 18:11

A little off topic, but I believe I was creeping people out by being the precocious 10 year old doing missions for CHESS with full grown adults. I was making them look bad.

I think part of what I'm looking for is to try to be consistent with how I apply this. Probably because I will be porting this character into the 3rd Ed. ruleset and I prefer leaving my characters in a state which minimizes changes that need to be made when I bring her into a new campaign. It's kind of my way of doing a Living V&V shared universe. I always felt, if you respect the rules and the GMs that administer the games, it makes bringing your beloved characters into new campaigns relatively painless.

My V&V characters

cptpatriot
Street-Level Hero
on: September 17, 2016, 09:16

Quote from Majestic on September 16, 2016, 12:59
Even though the random chart (which is technically for NPCs) might preclude characters younger than 15, you of course could do whatever you want. So if you want her to be 12, or 11, or whatever, make it so!

Ordinarily, yes, she would just roll a d10 and add her Agility, to find when she'd move in initiative order.

Heightened Intelligence is probably the best catch-all, being as the basic rules don't give any kind of skills. Note that there's a somewhat official add-on (for Tasks and Saves, located here) for basic skill checks, so perhaps Penelope gives G-Girl a +5 to all research-based checks, or something similar?

Oh, and thank you for your help in this.

My V&V characters

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.567 seconds.