Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whos On The Cover of LL?
dan2448
Cosmic Superhero
Post Whos On The Cover of LL?
on: May 26, 2016, 08:49

I suspect that there's an embarrassingly obvious answer to this question, but what are the names of the three characters on the cover of Living Legends?

Is the guy on the left "Black America"? And is the guy in the middle "F.I.S.T." (slightly redesigned)? Based only on the color of her outfit, my best guess was that the woman on the right might be "Evergreen" (now with less crazy hair)?

Jeff
Administrator
Post Re: Whos On The Cover of LL?
on: May 26, 2016, 15:55

Black America, Nemesis, and Viridia.

-Jeff

dan2448
Cosmic Superhero
on: May 27, 2016, 06:28

Thanks, Jeff!

Might you or anyone else be able/willing to point me to any source of more character info about any of them? I now see the names Black America and Nemesis enumerated as primary characters on the LL official site, but nothing more than that, and I didn't see any references to them in the LL rulebook after skimming it again for, like, a mere minute. I also read through the 'unofficial LL companion' posted online, and didn't see anything there either.

I really liked the design of Nemesis and Black America. The Black America miniature looks particularly well sculpted on the Team Frog store site (link below). But the Nemesis miniature seems to bear almost no resemblance to the LL cover image, and almost looks like a 'generic' hero/villain to me. I didn't see a Viridia miniature at all.

https://squareup.com/store/team-frog-studios

Jeff
Administrator
on: May 27, 2016, 11:29

No additional information is posted about those characters at the moment. A sourcebook is in the works, either in conjunction with the Mighty Protectors Multiverse RPG (aka 3.0), or shortly therafter. Thanks for your patience!

-Jeff

dan2448
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 9, 2018, 18:45

I still really like the character designs for both Black America and Nemesis on the cover to the LL rulebook, and had a follow-up question:

Is the character on the cover of the LL rulebook in the center, wearing cool-looking orange body armor, the alien villainess Nemesis, wearing this armor over her black, dark matter body (the one pictured in the MP rulebook and on her LL character sheet in the LL rulebook) , or is it the human hero Tracer?

I ask about Tracer because the LL character sheet for the human hero Tracer, posted on the LL website, appears to be wearing this same armor (link below)

https://www.prismnet.com/unigames/ll/universe/characters/tracer.pdf

But on Jeff's DeviantArt page there are a pair of illustrations titled "Nemesis Sketches" (link below), the second of which appears to be this same, cool armor. But in the comments below that sketch, Jeff explains that, "the character's main power is invisibility."

https://jeffdee.deviantart.com/art/Nemesis-Sketches-214829740

But the character sheet for Nemesis in the LL rulebook doesn't enumerate invisibility as one of her powers. But it is listed as one of Tracer's powers on his LL character sheet.

I am self-aware enough to know how nerd/lame this question is. But I really do like the character design and am genuinely curious about any answer, from Jeff or from anyone else who might already know.

Thanks very much in advance for any reply.

Jeff
Administrator
on: June 13, 2018, 16:07

The middle character, in orange armor, on the cover of LL is called Nemesis. He previously went by the name Tracer, but went as Nemesis while undercover.. The alien villainess also goes by the name Nemesis. No relation.

These things happen.

-Jeff

dan2448
Cosmic Superhero
on: June 13, 2018, 17:46

Thanks Jeff! I continue to really like that armor design.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.039 seconds.