Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Vehicles
Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Vehicles
on: April 17, 2017, 11:10

You'd probably want to do the latter as some kind of an aura/field so you didn't have to take time out to actively use it every time.

Jeff
Administrator
on: April 17, 2017, 11:25

^^^Clever! Yes, indeed.

-Jeff

P.S.: Though... come to think of it, an Ability Field shouldn't get to go off an infinite number of times, just because you're in motion. That could be extremely abusive.

Paragon
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 17, 2017, 19:39

No? Otherwise its not going to be much deterrent to a whole bunch of mooks attacking you, which is presumably part of the point. Is it normally much of an issue? After all, to attack anything but a immobile object, you still have to deal with whatever limitations the game places on multiattacking anyway. I can't see its going to break much to be able blow through wall after wall.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: April 18, 2017, 16:15

Quote from Jeff on April 17, 2017, 11:25
^^^Clever! Yes, indeed.

-Jeff

P.S.: Though... come to think of it, an Ability Field shouldn't get to go off an infinite number of times, just because you're in motion. That could be extremely abusive.

Perhaps a modifier could be put in for Disintegration Field (and not the Ability Field), for only this purpose?

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

wistling
High-Powered Superhero
on: April 19, 2017, 19:48

I decided to go with Non-Corporealness through sand and earth since the tunnel collapses behind the vehicle. I also recalculated with my new understanding of integrated systems and tweaked some powers. Here is version 1.1 of the Lunar Crab.

Edit: added Vaporous to the gas attack.

Alienist
Street-Level Hero
on: April 23, 2017, 17:59

Let's say I wanted to build a vehicle that had the ability to manipulate objects (research sub, mecha-octopus, what have you). How would I go about adding a pair or more of arms?

Jeff
Administrator
on: April 24, 2017, 21:52

Hmm. I've always just specified a system space for a 'hand' or 'gripper', and a few more system spaces for the arms (to make them as long as is needed), and left it at that.

That will be added to the Vehicle rules.

-Jeff

wistling
High-Powered Superhero
on: May 1, 2017, 20:59

Elevators: I need some in my multi-level vehicle. Are they essentially free? I suppose I could design an elevator shaft as an open-system garage with 1/4 system space for a sub-vehicle with low-level Flight...

Jeff
Administrator
on: May 6, 2017, 14:31

Free. I mean, apart from the system spaces needed to accommodate them.

And while we're at it, cup holders and glove compartments are also free 🙂

-Jeff

wistling
High-Powered Superhero
on: May 8, 2017, 06:42

Thanks Jeff. Here's my attempt at a large mobile vehicle base using 2.9.1. It took some time but since this is a much-loved centerpiece to my world it was well worth the extra effort to get it right. I will post some thoughts about the vehicle design process when I have more time. The subvehicles (escape pods and the ankh shuttle) still need stats but I'll work on those later.

SkyHaven Mark II

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.186 seconds.