Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Vehicles
DSumner
Cosmic Superhero
Post Vehicles
on: July 26, 2015, 01:11

Jeff, I've seen a couple of posts about vehicles in 3.0, and looks like there's a major revision of how they're handled. Can you share anything with us?

Jeff
Administrator
Post Re: Vehicles
on: July 26, 2015, 09:45

Copying this from a comment I made on Facebook:

The underlying principles to V&V3 vehicle construction are very simple:

Abilities come in 5-point increments. Vehicles come in 1/2"-square 'system spaces'. For 5 points, you get a vehicle with 4 system spaces - a one square-inch 'floor plan', if you will. Each additional 5 points in the Vehicle doubles its system spaces / floor plan. In a single system space, you can install a 5-point ability. Doubling the size of the system adds 5 points to the ability. But you also need to leave enough system spaces open for corridors, cabins, and so on.

There's more to it, of course, but that's the backbone of the V&V3 vehicle mechanics. It's personally my favorite part of the new rules. Simple to use, and incredibly fun to play with!

-Jeff

Jeff
Administrator
on: July 26, 2015, 09:48

By the way, bases will use the exact same system, with the limitation that you can't give them the ability to move, but with 4 times the amount of 'floor plan' to work with.

-Jeff

DSumner
Cosmic Superhero
on: July 26, 2015, 10:01

This may be a little off topic, but do you allow the players to "pool" points for larger vehicles and bases?

bkadams
Cosmic Superhero
on: July 26, 2015, 16:15

I don't think Jeff cares if I answer your question...

The answer is Yes! In my V&V3.0 playtest campaign (which, incidentally, has advanced to the 1950's) the team has a big spaceship whose cost is split evenly between all five members.

DSumner
Cosmic Superhero
on: July 26, 2015, 16:19

Thanks for the response. I was wondering how a single character was going to "pay" for something like the Baxter Building or the JLA Satellite.

R_Mortisse
Cosmic Superhero
on: August 8, 2015, 13:06

("FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")

There was just some 'talk' before, about you guys doing this...
And, MAN, am I happy you did!! V&V has needed these rules for quite some time...

GREAT WORK!!
(I can't wait to read them!!!!!!)

Jeff
Administrator
on: February 17, 2016, 12:47

Here's a sample of a small, autonomous vehicle:

-Jeff

Tempest
Cosmic Superhero
on: February 17, 2016, 15:02

Very enthused with regard to this notation on bases and vehicles. This aspect - understandable, considering the era it was constructed in - remained one of V&V's empty spots as far as fulfillment of the genre was concerned; creation of a Justice League satellite, Batmobile, Avengers base, Quinjet, Fantasticar, bad guy's under-the-volcano lair, tricycle with bell and handlebar tassels...all were left up to the players/GM to fulfill as best they could on an ad hoc basis. M&M's 2.0 base-creation system remains one of my favourite aspects of that work, and I'm doing the raised-victory-fist knowing that V&V is expanding its capabilities in this regard is another point toward positive outcome for all concerned.

Quick by-the-way: exactly how would something like the Justice League satellite, or the Helicarrier, get put together, and used as mobile platforms (a la Justice League season two, "Starcrossed", Part 3, and the Avengers movie - obviously - if bases are immobile by nature?

Jeff
Administrator
on: February 17, 2016, 15:32

The Helicarrier is a vehicle. Just a very big one. Bases like a satellite technically 'move', but being stuck in a set orbit doesn't really count. There may be a grey area concerning things like the train car from the old Wild Wild West tv show. I would call that a vehicle, but with heavy restrictions on where its movement power can take it (i.e., only on train tracks).

-Jeff

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.116 seconds.