Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Most Wanted Vol 1
Nightstar
Street-Level Hero
Post Most Wanted Vol 1
on: October 16, 2012, 18:53

For thirty years, on and off, I've been reading this book. Sometimes before I go to bed or just sitting around. How many times have we beaten the tar out of the Buzzard or Boogey Man? Or had games with Leo or Motivator as the major villain?

For thirty years we've been talking about how cool Samhain is and laughing at Vibron's origin.

These villains are just as classic as any in Marvel or DC.

I love this book.

Dracos
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Most Wanted Vol 1
on: October 16, 2012, 21:02

Agreed ๐Ÿ™‚

DSumner
Cosmic Superhero
on: October 16, 2012, 22:02

I loved many of the characters in that book, Leo the Lion, Madame Frigia, Mirage, Shadow Jack and my two personal favorites, Spyder and Marutukku .

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: October 19, 2012, 15:06

Indeed there are a great many "classics" in that book. ๐Ÿ™‚

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Justice
Cosmic Superhero
on: October 20, 2012, 00:29

I was always upset that I did not maximize the use of Leo as a semi-noble arch villain king. He had promise and I never got around to him.

Madame Frigia - I thought she was cool. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tempest
Cosmic Superhero
on: October 20, 2012, 10:15

Just as a quick note: the character I random-rolled/power-choice made with my brother turned out to have a number of power similarity points with Erica Knight, aka Ebony Angel (this was something we realized only after the character had been finalized and we were looking over Most Wanted later). Of course, he put my guy up against her during the second game, and there are now indications that there could be a Bruce Wayne/Selina Kyle situation developing here. ๐Ÿ™‚ Ah, true love amongst the vigilantes...

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: October 22, 2012, 14:41

Quote from Justice on October 20, 2012, 00:29
I was always upset that I did not maximize the use of Leo as a semi-noble arch villain king. He had promise and I never got around to him.

I haven't got around to utilizing him the way I've long wanted to, either. That's something I plan to rectify soon.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 23, 2014, 02:26

It's fun to see that I posted about how I wanted to use Leo (a year and a half ago) and now I've had two adventures with him as a cool adversary/ally for my PCs. I can't believe I waited this long to use such an iconic and fascinating character!

One funny anecdote. On a Star Wars RPG website I frequent (for the old West End Games version), one poster from Poland has the moniker of "Leon the Lion" (with a cool, cat-like avatar), and I told him about Leo. Copied and pasted below is our exchange, which I thought a few of you might enjoy:

DougRed4 wrote:
(and by the way, Leo the Lion is a really cool Villains & Vigilantes villain in our supers campaign, created by the creators of the game!)

Ah, yes, him. He's the black sheep of the family. We don't usually mention him, and he's not invited to family functions.

dan2448
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 23, 2014, 09:50

Quote from Majestic on March 23, 2014, 02:26
One funny anecdote. On a Star Wars RPG website I frequent (for the old West End Games version), one poster from Poland has the moniker of "Leon the Lion"....

This reference brought back a memory for me, Doug, of being in Poland on business 6 or 8 years ago. At a business dinner one night, our conversation turned to "Star Wars" of all things. A guy about my age began talking about it really enthusiastically, and about how, for him as a kid, it was one of his few views of the Western world during that era of Poland's communist government.

When I returned home from that trip, I remember Googling "polish star wars movie poster," and, if memory serves, this was the poster that came up:

http://www.polishposter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=4541

citizen
Street-Level Hero
on: October 28, 2018, 22:37

I purchased the pdf of Most Wanted Vol. 1 tonight. I like the villain MYSTICO but can't find the "see separate stats" for Reginald Stone, Zombie, the Animated Servant (p. 14). I very much want to use this character on Halloween. Please let me know where I can turn to find stat's the Reginald Stone. Thank you in advance for your help. I'm not sure where else to turn.

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 1.444 seconds.