Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 27 28 29 [30] 31
Author Topic: Guardians Issue Summaries
Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
Post Re: Guardians Issue Summaries
on: January 18, 2018, 16:50

A few weeks ago, I ran sort of an intro to "Revenge of the Yakuza". Being as the first part "Search for the Sensei" was run a couple of decades ago (nearly 23 years, in-game) in my campaign, I had to set up a new operation of the Tong in order for them to want revenge on the heroes.

#10 – Ronin – Chronovator returns with Alchemist, a companion from Victorian England. Psilight calls a team meeting, and the time-travelling pair join him, along with Revivicator (the alternate personality of Rejuvenator), Wraith, Raijin, and novice hero Shadowfist. Liaison Braddock asks the team to participate in a civic parade, and the adventurers ride a float representing the Sentinels, with the L’ Engle flying above. Police contact Sampson alerts them of a potential murder happening that night, so the group switches to civilian guises and stakes out the Kabuki Hotel in Japantown. Armored villain Ronin enters, but is magnetically stopped by Wraith. Ten ninjas ambush from hiding places in the ceiling and from outside, but the vigilantes swiftly take them out. Ronin appears to be a reluctant hired assassin, but the ninjas all have a dragon tattoo on their forearm identifying them as belonging to the Tatsu Tong.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: January 19, 2018, 17:16

This week we played again. This time I combined the third and last part (that I hadn't run before) from an old V&V magazine article, called "Femmes Fatale". That scenario was quite simple: two villainesses named Amazon and Sonic Doom rob a bank. I used an old villain from our campaign with the same name as Amazon (taken from an online adventure by another GM), and replaced Sonic Doom with Supersonic (from the old adventure "The Great Iridium Con"). For the second part (the Mukadé), I used the three villains from "Revenge of the Yakuda" and added one of my own (giving the 3.0 abilities of a Katana that works while the character is completely Non-Corporeal and immune to physical attacks).

#11 – Femmes Fatale – Responding to a local bank robbery in the L’Engle, Chronovator, Rejuvenator, and Alchemist confront blue-skinned paranormal ColdSnap. After initial mistrust, all soon realize they are on the same side. The four enter the bank and incapacitate Amazon and her ocelot Kazai. Surrounding the powerful but exhausted Supersonic, they convince her to surrender. As they begin to call the authorities, the adventurers are besieged by Mukadé unit assassins Kamikaze, Black Tiger, Preying Mantis, and Phantom Strike; the ninja-like foes explain that the Tatsu Tong has ordered their deaths! A furious skirmish ensues, and Supersonic makes a quick deal with Rejuvenator, agreeing to aid the vigilantes in exchange for her freedom. The battle is tough and long, and multiple heroes are knocked out, only to be revived again moments later. During both fights, Rejuvenator switches back and forth with his Revivicator identity numerous times. Eventually, as law enforcement draws close, Phantom Strike and Black Tiger flee. Unconscious Supersonic is found to be dead. The captured Mukadé agents have the dragon tattoo on their left forearm and a centipede one on the right.

V&V GM and player since 1982 (my current campaign is 22 years old); also run West End Games d6 Star Wars monthly, as well as the occasional The One Ring and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: February 1, 2018, 15:47

With 3.0/MP, we decided to start up another group; this time the brand new team is based in our home stomping grounds (Seattle area).

After a few sessions, the team has named itself the Emerald City Defenders, and this becomes the fifth "title" in my 27 year-old campaign.

#1 – Strange New World – A mystical accident in Seattle transforms World of Warcraft players Kyle Anderson and Amy Rodgers, merging them with their in-game avatars. Anderson is suddenly a gigantic, bull-like Tauren death knight named Brakus, while Rodgers is the Blood Elf hunter Seleriti. The pair learn of each other via online chat, then agree to meet F.I.S.H. agent Kris Bestyea at a Dick’s Drive-In. Soon after Bestyea meets them in the parking lot with new local hero Deschutes, the agent learns of a superpowered attack on a Harding Industries in the Industrial District. Deschutes flies the heroes there, where they engage the rampaging villain Polymer. The brute’s robotic body proves difficult to harm, but eventually the trio forces him to surrender. Hours later, as they meet at Harborview Medical Center to visit children, they are attacked in the hall by Doctor Killjoy and his sidekick Spoilsport. They swiftly defeat the pair, but then realize Seleriti has been badly cut. Fortunately staff there are quickly able to provide aid and save her life.

celestiale-
ditor
High-Powered Superhero
on: February 1, 2018, 19:27

Any scoundrel who would start a fight in a hospital needs to be pummeled frequently. 🙂

Grognardo
Superhero
on: February 1, 2018, 20:55

Doctor Killjoy really trips my righteous wrath switch; there aren't many bad guys that I just want to pound into the ground like a tent stake.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: February 2, 2018, 15:08

Yeah, I'd never used the character before, but he is quite dastardly. And his little sidekick is pretty vicious, too.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: February 2, 2018, 15:10

Last weekend we finally played this group again.

#2 – Day at the Museum – After setting up a makeshift headquarters in Kyle’s mom’s basement, the group helps out around the city and raises their public profile. Upon hearing reports of a monster downtown, Deschutes flies Seleriti and Brakus to the Museum of History and Industry at the south end of Lake Union. As the three heroes race inside and split up, each going to a different level, the lights go out. Four vicious jaguars attack vulnerable citizens, but the vigilantes quickly dispatch them and their feral controller, Wilderbeast. Power is restored, and in the museum’s basement they discover that manager Katy Tull absconded with a mystical Aztec artifact. No longer affected by the relic, Wilderbeast transforms back into João D'Enso, an unwitting employee with no memories of his time as a beast-man.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 22, 2018, 13:33

A few weeks back I had some of DSumner's bad organization (as shown in "Mall Madness") return.

#3 – H.A.R.M. at Home – The Chosen meets Brakus, Seleriti, and Deschutes in the Anderson basement. The four hear a scream and race outside into the yard, only to find Helga Anderson (mother of Brakus) held captive, surrounded by many H.A.R.M. troopers. The two sides battle, and the heroes speedily trounce the eight armored fanatics. Mrs. Anderson is rescued, and the house is found to have suffered only minimal damage.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 23, 2018, 16:24

Now to begin recaps of the MP games run at GaryCon X. This first one, "Daughter of Dagon" was 8 hours, so I broke it down into two separate issues (of our "Exploits" title, which covers everything that doesn't make it into one of the 'main' books):

#45 – Attack of the Cyber-Squid! - Revivicator, ColdSnap, Apparition, Quake, Foggy, and Nightstalker respond when a giant squid attacks the pier at Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco. Apparition paralyzes the beast, and the group finds that the creature’s lower half is mechanized. Inside the Cyber-Squid they discover empty seats, and the language of the interior technology reveals an Atlantean dialect. Police Lieutenant Black asks for assistance from the vigilantes when armored soldiers begin searching the city. That night the makeshift team rushes to an underground rave, which partygoers spill out of in terror. They make quick work of a squad of six Lemurians, and afterwards one explains that they are searching for the missing Princess Rel. After learning that Rel has been singing with a local band called Afros and Tattoos, messages are left with the band’s manager, Zero. The adventurers try to convince the underwater dwellers that force is not the answer to recovering the missing girl, and continue to coordinate with Black to keep the city safe.

Majestic
Cosmic Superhero
on: March 26, 2018, 16:41

#46 – Daughter of Dagon – Working through the night, the six heroes make their way to an apartment in the Tenderloin district, where the band’s lead singer Angel appears to live with many other young people. Clues indicate that Rel and Angel are songwriting partners and live together in the bathroom. Realizing that the pair has fled, they track down drummer Gell at a train station, and he spills that the couple are hiding at Angel’s parents’ house outside the city. The adventurers hurry there, where they find Angel and Princess Rel held captive by Lemurians alongside Angel’s parents in the basement! As the group takes down the adversaries, the Lemurian villainess Itrea arrives and joins the soldiers. The superheroes prove triumphant, and after the battle King Dagon shows up, demanding that his daughter return to their underwater kingdom. The victors insist that the choice is hers, as she has reached adulthood, and encourage her to do what she chooses. The Princess decides to remain on the surface world, and gives up her royal position back home.

Pages: First << 27 28 29 [30] 31
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 1.007 seconds.