RSS

Majestic
(@majestic)
Trusted Member
04/07/2019 3:49 pm  

So today I finally worked out a formula to make a score called Reputation.  We used to have one for 2.1, but without Levels (a crucial part of the old one), it was tough to reverse engineer.  It took a few hours of figuring, but I think I've got it.

So the basic idea behind such a value is so you have a way of telling - when a particular famous person shows up - whether or not they are recognized.  So in other words, when Superman flies down, how many of the other heroes recognize him, even if they're from another part of the planet?

The formula is simply:

CP x CL / 850

Then round off as normal (.50 and above is rounded up)

This will give a value that anyone can roll d10 against to see if they are immediately aware of the person.

As always, the GM could add or subtract a point or two for extenuating circumstances (say, a character comes from another dimension, and hasn't been around on this world for many years).

V&V GM and player since 1982, my current campaign is 29 years old

Hireling
(@hireling)
Trusted Member
05/07/2019 8:35 am  

This works rather well. Thanks for sharing! I might also factor in things like locale, but I'm not sure how much of a bonus to add. If a villain or hero is particularly well known in a certain city or region it should be easier for the average person to recognize them.

ReplyQuote
Majestic
(@majestic)
Trusted Member
05/07/2019 1:56 pm  

True.  Rather than start keeping different scores, I think it could work to have locals get a bonus to their roll, depending on how local and how busy/active a particular hero has been.

I'm also considering calling this Renown instead of Reputation.

V&V GM and player since 1982, my current campaign is 29 years old

ReplyQuote
Share: