Enhance Power - Let...

Enhance Power - Let me know what you think  

RSS

WarCry
(@warcry)
25/04/2019 1:24 am  

Enhancement

This is the voluntary ability to increase the CPs in an ability or base characteristic of a target.

Enhance has a touch range which takes an action, a duration of 3 rounds and PR = 1. The character when taking this power must pick a specific base characteristic or ability that can be enhanced. This ability can only enhance an existing ability.

The number of CPs the character can enhance the chosen base characteristic or ability by is definded by the number of CPs spent on the Enhance ability.

CPs     Number of CPs Enhanced

(-5)      d2-1

(-2.5)   d2

(0)        d3

(2.5)     d4

(5)        d6

(7.5)    d6+1

(10)     2d4

(12.5)  d4 + d6

(15)     2d6

(17.5)  d6 + d8

(20)    2d8

(22.5) d8 +d10

(25)    2d10

(27.5) d10 + d12

(30)    2d12

(32.5)3d8

(35)    2d8 + d10

(37.5) d8 + 2d10

(40)   3d10

(42.5) 2d10 + d12

(45)    d10 + 2d12

(47.5) 3d12

(50)    3d12 + 1

the maximum amount that an ability or base characteristic can be enhanced is their current cap.

• Enhance Effect Modifier: Replenishment

Any CPs in a ability or base characteristic up to the normal amount are kept when the enhances duration ends. This modifier has a (+2.5) cost adjustment. 

• Enhance Effect Modifier: Narrow Thematic Group

The enhance power can effect up to 3 abilities that are thematically linked rather than a specific ability. The theme must be defined at purchase. This modifier has a (+5) cost adjustment.

• Enhance Modifier: Broad Thematic Group

The enhance power can effect all abilities that are linked to a specific theme rather than a specific ability. The theme must be defined at purchase. This modifier has a (+10) cost adjustment.

This topic was modified 3 months ago by WarCry

Topic Tags
WarCry
(@warcry)
06/05/2019 7:12 am  

2 weeks and still waiting for approval, I am trying to get feedback but cannot till this is approved. Should I check back in a month?

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
10/05/2019 7:56 pm  

Sorry about the delay, we got sidetracked. We'll try to do better!

-Jeff

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
11/05/2019 11:00 am  

I'd suggest that you give this an inherent limitation, stating that the enhancement cannot raise an ability above the enhancer's ability cap or BC cap. Just to keep things from getting wildly out of control 🙂

I can't comment on the game balance of this ability without going over in in more detail than time allows, but I'd recommend comparing it to simply applying the "Usable by Others" ability modifier.

-Jeff

ReplyQuote
WarCry
(@warcry)
11/05/2019 8:16 pm  
Posted by: Jeff Dee

I'd suggest that you give this an inherent limitation, stating that the enhancement cannot raise an ability above the enhancer's ability cap or BC cap. Just to keep things from getting wildly out of control 🙂

I can't comment on the game balance of this ability without going over in in more detail than time allows, but I'd recommend comparing it to simply applying the "Usable by Others" ability modifier.

-Jeff

Thanks for the feedback. In all honesty I do not like the usable on others modifier as a buffing tool. If you look below the section that details the cost and dice size there is a sentence that defines the targets cap as the maximum, or would it be preferable to use the cap of the character utilizing the power. I may look into increasing the duration to 1 minute.

This post was modified 2 months ago by WarCry

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
12/05/2019 2:15 pm  

I think either way is reasonable, but I'd base it on the "Enhancing" character's caps since it's technically *their* ability.

-Jeff

ReplyQuote
Share: