Vehicles Using the ...

Vehicles Using the Excel Character Sheet  

RSS

Majestic
(@majestic)
Estimable Member
23/10/2019 2:40 pm  

I've finally gotten around to putting some of our characters' Vehicles down onto the Excel character sheet.  I'm really hoping to do some Vehicle Combat tomorrow night, so have been brushing up and watching bkadams' tutorials.

But I can't seem to input lots of info into the Vehicle section.   I already put in an image, and worked on some of the graphics in the lower right (which took quite a bit of trial and error to get working).  I'm still not sure how to effectively do the basic lines of the vehicle well, so will likely have to draw those in myself (manually), but at least I have the boxes showing where the various systems are located.

But I can't input a lot of the data, other than the Basic Cost and the top lines (Name, Model, Operator).  I've checked the Vehicle tutorial, but the volume on that one is so quiet that even with the speakers at 100% I can't really hear what bk is saying.  Some of the Abilities and BCs (like AG) can be added, but others (like EN) cannot.

Anybody have any ideas?

V&V GM and player since 1982, my current campaign is 29 years old

bkadams
(@bkadams)
Trusted Member
23/10/2019 8:28 pm  

Have you tried unprotecting the sheet?

ReplyQuote
Majestic
(@majestic)
Estimable Member
24/10/2019 3:47 pm  

That seems to be working!  Thanks, bk!

ReplyQuote
Majestic
(@majestic)
Estimable Member
25/10/2019 9:38 pm  

I've totally finished!  It looks awesome.  Vehicles are quite a bit of fun once you get the sheet working!

My only question is if you have to have the actual, physical space (where one square = 5') correspond on the vehicle layout?

I looked at the bunch of vehicles I have printed out over the years, and most don't seem to correspond that accurately.  I'll use this vehicle I've been working on as an example.  We built it using 64 system spaces, but if I count out the actual squares (especially if I include the wings) it's probably something like 52 squares (the equivalence of 208 system spaces, I think).

ReplyQuote
Majestic
(@majestic)
Estimable Member
26/10/2019 12:44 am  

I went ahead and resized it.  Unfortunately, when I deleted one text box, I took out a whole row, and screwed up the whole doc.  So I had to redo it all.

Now it makes a lot more sense, and is not quite as roomy inside.  But it now totally makes sense (as it's around 22' long), whereas before it was just too dang big.

ReplyQuote
Grackleflint
(@hireling)
Trusted Member
27/10/2019 10:16 am  

@majestic Would you mind sharing it? 

ReplyQuote
Majestic
(@majestic)
Estimable Member
27/10/2019 2:46 pm  

No problem at all.

Is there not a link in my last post?

ReplyQuote
Majestic
(@majestic)
Estimable Member
28/10/2019 8:30 pm  

I'm beginning to wonder if it was an error to leave off Cargo Space as a line item.  Does Cargo Space count as something you have to devote System Space to? 

The reason for my confusion is the bit at the bottom of the sheet that says "Remaining system spaces for rooms, storage, corridors, etc."

ReplyQuote
Majestic
(@majestic)
Estimable Member
29/10/2019 11:33 am  

I went ahead and added in the Cargo Hold, as I see that included in the vehicles of "Market Forces".

Here is another copy of the L'Engle, after a few more minor adjustments.

ReplyQuote
Grackleflint
(@hireling)
Trusted Member
29/10/2019 5:32 pm  

Thanks for the link @majestic.

As for Cargo, I just record the number of system spaces that are devoted to it in the left column, and then write a note where I would usually put an Ability description.

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
16/11/2019 9:54 am  
Posted by: @majestic

I went ahead and added in the Cargo Hold, as I see that included in the vehicles of "Market Forces".

Here is another copy of the L'Engle, after a few more minor adjustments.

That looks great, Majestic. Just one comment, which is that one wouldn't normally give Vehicle systems the "Gear" modifier. They're able to be attacked & damaged already, by virtue of being vehicle systems, so calling them 'Gear' is redundant. The only time I can think of when it's appropriate to call a vehicle system 'Gear', is when it's meant to be something taken out and used by passengers & crew (weapons in an arsenal, vacc suits, etc). But then those systems don't have any effects on the vehicle overall (a vacc suit in a closet by the airlock doesn't help all of the passengers when the hull is breached, for example).

If you simply need a system to be more powerful, and are fishing for points, try making them Delicate, or just make the whole vehicle High Tech.

-Jeff

ReplyQuote
Majestic
(@majestic)
Estimable Member
16/11/2019 5:57 pm  

The things that were made Gear were stuff that was to be removed from the vehicle, but the Power Blast was meant to be able to be used while driving/flying the vehicle, but also removable and portable when she exits it.

Sounds like she would need to pay for both, if she wants the ray gun to function both with and separate from the vehicle.

Thanks for the feedback!

ReplyQuote
Share: