Vehicle Combat YouT...

Vehicle Combat YouTube Tutorial  

RSS

Majestic
(@majestic)
Estimable Member
28/10/2019 12:15 pm  

bkadams' YouTube tutorials are a huge help in understanding some of the trickier parts of the MP rules (Arsenal, Vehicles, etc.).

The Vehicle Combat one was especially awesome, as it really gives you a better feel on how to run a chase and skirmish between vehicles.  I'm tempted to make my own huge map for an adventure someday myself.

One question I did have, though, was how the Highwayman and his Vehicle were able to take shots at the bank robber truck with the same weapon, but when the vehicle attacked, it suffered no minuses.  Highwayman had taken two shots himself earlier in the turn (each at a -3), and I believe the same laser is being fired by the Robot AI/vehicle.

Being as it's the same weapon, wouldn't it be fairest to give it a -6, being as it was the third shot that round with the same weapon?

I can see for a larger vehicle (like an Imperial Star Destroyer), which has many hundreds of weapons, there being no minus, as each weapon is its own separate item.  But for something like this situation, it doesn't seem fair for multiple characters to fire the weapon, in the same round, without any penalty.

V&V GM and player since 1982, my current campaign is 29 years old

bkadams
(@bkadams)
Trusted Member
28/10/2019 2:24 pm  

Hey, Majestic, thanks for the kind words! It's been a couple of years since I did that video but if I recall correctly, the hero's vehicle had a Robot Brain which allows it to act independently of the hero. Vehicles with a robot brain act kind of like a Companion and would therefore not take any additional penalty for attacking in the same round as the hero. 

ReplyQuote
Majestic
(@majestic)
Estimable Member
30/10/2019 12:53 pm  

Sounds good!  That video really helped me get my mind around how Vehicle Combat works. 

I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight!  To help alleviate having to pull out a calculator during the skirmish, I made myself 2 charts (there are only two vehicles involved) showing what the range penalties are for each to hit the other.

V&V GM and player since 1982, my current campaign is 29 years old

ReplyQuote
Share: