Handling novelty gr...

Handling novelty grenades. 1/2  

RSS

StefanJ
(@stefanj)
01/03/2019 6:04 pm  

I'm working on a character who has a Bag of Tricks (Arsenal) with a variety of non-explosive grenades.

Smoke: Blows up into a cloud of opaque smoke. 1" x 1" immediately, then 2" x 2", then 3" x 3" (or 2" x 4" if there's a wind), then dissipates. Darkness, perhaps?

Stefan

StefanJ
(@stefanj)
01/03/2019 6:13 pm  

Tear gas: Like the smoke cloud, but not opaque. Sickens and distracts characters who breath it. 

ReplyQuote
StefanJ
(@stefanj)
01/03/2019 6:14 pm  

Tanglefoot: Covers 2"x2" area w/ sticky glop. Grapnel might handle the case where a PC is in the area when the grenade explodes. 

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
01/03/2019 6:47 pm  
Posted by: StefanJ

I'm working on a character who has a Bag of Tricks (Arsenal) with a variety of non-explosive grenades.

Smoke: Blows up into a cloud of opaque smoke. 1" x 1" immediately, then 2" x 2", then 3" x 3" (or 2" x 4" if there's a wind), then dissipates. Darkness, perhaps?

Stefan

Darkness definitely, and I strongly recommend the "Vaporous" sub-option on the Area Effect modifier.
You'd have to make up your own Miscellaneous modifier to give it the different area effect sizes over time, but personally, given the 10-second turn length I don't think it's worth it.

-Jeff

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
01/03/2019 6:51 pm  

Tear gas: Like the smoke cloud, but not opaque. Sickens and distracts characters who breath it. 

Darkness again, yes, but vs. Smell rather than Vision. For the secondary effect (blindness due to tears), I'd recommend Light B) Flash, changing the damage type to Biochemical, and make that a Contact Attack on the Darkness.

-Jeff

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Jeff Dee

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
01/03/2019 6:55 pm  

Tanglefoot: Covers 2"x2" area w/ sticky glop. Grapnel might handle the case where a PC is in the area when the grenade explodes. 

The new Mental Ability D) Intertia was added specifically to cover this kind of effect. You can find the New Abilities PDF on the Downloads tab, but here's a direct link:

http://monkeyhousegames.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/New-MP-Abilities-3.pdf

-Jeff

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Jeff Dee

ReplyQuote
StefanJ
(@stefanj)
02/03/2019 12:59 pm  

Test, Test. (Thanks Jeff)

ReplyQuote
StefanJ
(@stefanj)
03/03/2019 3:31 pm  

Testing this again.

ReplyQuote
StefanJ
(@stefanj)
08/03/2019 2:44 pm  
  Arsenal (15); split slots (4 x 5 points, 2 x 10 points)
  Smoke Grenade (5 points): Darkness, 1 sense, 1 charge (-10), 3” diameter (10), Duration 3 rounds (5), Vaporous (-)
  Holo-Creature Grenade (5 points): Illusion, vision and sound, 3” diameter (5), Duration 1 minute (7.5), 1 charge (-7.5).
  Flash Grenade (5 point): Light Control/Flash, Save EN+0 (12.5), 1 charge (-7.5).
  Glue Grenade (10 point): Inertia, divisor 24 (22.5), limited to ground movement (-5), 1 charge (-10), Biochemical rather than Psychic (-5), Duration 5 minutes (2.5), Area of Effect 3” (5)
  Tear Gas Grenade (10) points): Darkness (Smell rather than Vision) 1 sense, 1 charge (-10), 1” diameter (5), Duration 3 rounds (5), Vaporous (-), Light Control/Flash, Save EN+7 (-5), Biochemical rather than energy (0), contact Attack (15)

The above is what I came up with for DoItDame's arsenal.

(P.S. I signed into the site from a Windows laptop using my house's WiFi. And I can finally post and submit more than a sentence at a time!)

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by StefanJ

ReplyQuote
Share: