Notifications
Clear all

Flight, or Flight A & Flight B?  

RSS

Estaln
(@estaln)
Eminent Member
26/04/2020 7:53 am  

As I read it Flight and Hyperflight are the same ability so have one cap?

Is it possible to then buy a time activation (so that it takes 1 min at max speed in 0 gravity to make the shift to hyperflight) and say Full Concentration on hyperflight so that you can buy more CP of hyperflight speeds?

bkadams
(@bkadams)
Trusted Member
26/04/2020 9:52 pm  

They are treated separately for purposes of the Cap.  Per the MP rules on pg. 17:

"Some Ability listings, such as Chemical Abilities, are actually groups containing multiple sub-Abilities. This is indicated by a letter code (for example, A) Chemical Blast and B) Chemical Body). Sub-Abilities are treated as entirely separate Abilities for purposes of Ability Caps (see 2.1.16.5), and may be Modified (see 2.2.4) independently. You may put all of an Ability’s CPs into a single Sub-Ability, or split them among multiple Sub-Abilities."

ReplyQuote
Estaln
(@estaln)
Eminent Member
28/04/2020 5:23 am  

@bkadams

Yeah but Flight isn't listed as Flight A and Flight B ... it just has Flight Modifier: Hyper-Flight

ReplyQuote
bkadams
(@bkadams)
Trusted Member
28/04/2020 5:34 am  

@estaln

Yes, you are quite right, and I should have realized that. I distinctly remember asking Jeff about this question years ago and he said they were treated separately. But I could be wrong.

ReplyQuote
Estaln
(@estaln)
Eminent Member
28/04/2020 4:23 pm  
Posted by: @bkadams

@estaln

Yes, you are quite right, and I should have realized that. I distinctly remember asking Jeff about this question years ago and he said they were treated separately. But I could be wrong.

Thanks for that, and it does make sense to be A:B.

Jeff needs to add that to the errata pdf ... (I did check that before posting)

Cheers
GC

ReplyQuote
Estaln
(@estaln)
Eminent Member
28/04/2020 4:24 pm  
Posted by: @bkadams

@estaln

Thanks for that, and it does make sense to be A:B.

Jeff needs to add that to the errata pdf ... (I did check that before posting)

Cheers
GC

ReplyQuote
Estaln
(@estaln)
Eminent Member
28/04/2020 4:38 pm  

... and if Flight is gained via FLAME POWERS C (Flight) does it then grant both flight and hyper-flight or just Flight A?

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
29/04/2020 8:30 pm  

I may have misspoken to Brian, or he may be misremembering, but in any case, NO, Flight and Hyper-Flight are not 'A' and 'B'. Hyper-Flight is a modifier on A.Hyper-Flight isn't a separate ability, and doesn't do anything on its own.

-Jeff

Estaln liked
ReplyQuote
Estaln
(@estaln)
Eminent Member
29/04/2020 11:20 pm  
Posted by: @jeff

I may have misspoken to Brian, or he may be misremembering, but in any case, NO, Flight and Hyper-Flight are not 'A' and 'B'. Hyper-Flight is a modifier on A.Hyper-Flight isn't a separate ability, and doesn't do anything on its own.

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff, so just wise choice of CP allocation if one wants hyper flight then ... 

ReplyQuote
Estaln
(@estaln)
Eminent Member
29/04/2020 11:25 pm  
Posted by: @estaln

Is it possible to then buy a time activation (so that it takes 1 min at max speed in 0 gravity to make the shift to hyperflight) and say Full Concentration on hyperflight so that you can buy more CP of hyperflight speeds?

The main question though was on modifiers on hyperflight to make it more affordable ... or as it is the same ability as FLIGHT then do those modifiers apply to all aspects of flight including mundane atmospheric movement

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
30/04/2020 1:06 pm  

Use the "Miscellaneous" Ability Modifier to make up any special-purpose Modifiers that you may need. Obviously, a limitation that's similar to a standard one, but only affects the Ability when that Ability used in a particular way, ought to have at least a slightly smaller negative CP value.

-Jeff

Estaln liked
ReplyQuote
Share: