Duplication, clones...

Duplication, clones can duplicate?  

RSS

ADA-MAN
(@ada-man)
26/08/2019 7:36 pm  

A few questions came up with my group about Duplication;

1. 30 cp duplication ability (3 Clones) The main character now has 120 as his new BC cap etc. Do the clones have all the main characters powers at 120 cp build? If so do they also have duplication? Could the Duplicates make duplicates?

2. If they have the same powers, what if the main character has gear powers. For example a Iron Man type suit, do the clones copy those abilities. If the main character used cps to by a vehicle do the clones come with those vehicles. Special weapons also?

3. Then I looked at Summoning as a way to help me rule the duplication power. If a player uses Summoning with 15 cps twice he can pretty much replicate the Duplication power, main character not affected by reduced cap but the"clones" do not have telepathy. Telepathy could be bought. Now each summon can have different abilities or have gear and vehicles, or all the same abilities . He could simulate Duplication by making the summons as exact copies as the main character.

4. If the power Duplication does copy powers GMs will have to come up with limitations. A character with certain powers then copied then copied again could get out of hand. For a villain I do see great potential but for a player super hero....ouch.

bkadams
(@bkadams)
Trusted Member
30/08/2019 6:14 pm  

1. The copies have the same stats and abilities as the original *except* for Duplication, all at the reduced BC and Ability cap.

2. Yes, the copies get all of the original's abilities (except Duplication), even if it's gear-based.

ReplyQuote
Estaln
(@estaln)
12/09/2019 12:58 am  
Posted by: @bkadams

1. The copies have the same stats and abilities as the original *except* for Duplication, all at the reduced BC and Ability cap.

2. Yes, the copies get all of the original's abilities (except Duplication), even if it's gear-based.

Hola!

OK so my char has communicators (gear) and duplication, so when they dupe the communicators are duped, and they come in pairs. So lets say 3 dupes total, so that's 6 comms units. Now if I give the 3 extras (my dupes all roll with one) to other heroes, what happens to em when the dupes merge back into a single body?

Do the vapourise back into the single dupe so have to be physically given out again, or do they stay "outside" and still be used by the other heroes?

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
bkadams
(@bkadams)
Trusted Member
12/09/2019 2:06 pm  

As soon as the copies merge back to the original their communicator gear would disappear, whether it was loaned to someone else or not.

Estaln liked
ReplyQuote
Estaln
(@estaln)
13/09/2019 5:26 am  

@bkadams

Thanks for the clarification!

🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: