Communicators: Not ...

Communicators: Not Gear  

RSS

Majestic
(@majestic)
Trusted Member
13/07/2019 6:12 pm  

So if a character takes Communicators as one of the Abilities for their Vehicle, and buys the following Modifier:

Communicators Modifier: Not Gear

The Communicators can’t be broken, disarmed or taken away

during combat. They may take the form of an implant, a mental

ability, etc. There is a cost adjustment of (+5) CPs.

Does this mean the character herself can have the Communicators built-in to her brain (she's an android)?

In other words, does spending this +5 modifier (as one of the Modifiers for the Vehicle Ability) thus allow the Communicators Ability to be built-in (integral) for BOTH the vehicle AND the PC?

V&V GM and player since 1982, my current campaign is 29 years old

Majestic
(@majestic)
Trusted Member
13/07/2019 6:15 pm  

Just so that I'm being clearer, the PC (the character herself) did not purchase the Ability of Communicators.  But when you have Communicators (in this case, it's purchased as part of the Vehicle), it allows two-way communication.

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
14/07/2019 8:15 pm  

If I understand your question correctly, then the answer is 'yes'. The second communicator has no physical existence. But even better then that, it can still be passed around as if it did - because the ability to hand out communicators is inherent to the ability, whether it's 'Gear' or nor.

In my own campaign, Mister Terrific (Bruce Adams) invented exactly that. The special effect is that he can pass the second 'communicator' around with a mild static touch. He usually gives it to his NPC pal the Twizzler, but Twizzler has also passed it on to other characters on occasion, when needed.

-Jeff

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
14/07/2019 8:22 pm  

If I understand your question correctly, then the answer is 'yes'. The second communicator has no physical existence. But even better then that, it can still be passed around as if it did - because the ability to hand out communicators is inherent to the ability, whether it's 'Gear' or nor.

In my own campaign, Mister Terrific (Bruce Adams) invented exactly that. The special effect is that he can pass the second 'communicator' around with a mild static touch. He usually gives it to his NPC pal the Twizzler, but Twizzler has also passed it on to other characters on occasion, when needed.

-Jeff

ReplyQuote
Majestic
(@majestic)
Trusted Member
15/07/2019 2:09 am  

Awesome. The more I thought about it, the more this seemed to be doable. Thanks, Jeff!

This post was modified 1 month ago by Majestic

ReplyQuote
Share: