Carrying Capacity (...

Carrying Capacity (Excel Spreadsheet)  

RSS

TXDefender523
(@txdefender523)
27/06/2019 11:36 am  

I just noticed that the self-populating Excel spreadsheet calculates the carrying capacity different from what the chart on page 11 of the Rule book. I can't begin to understand how the formula on the spreadsheet is worked, but I can tell that it somehow factors in the weight and mass of the character. 

Can anyone tell me the disparity in how the Excel formula differs from, or adds to the chart (2.1.7.2) on pg.11?

Turgenev
(@turgenev)
Eminent Member
27/06/2019 10:38 pm  

I have the Carrying Capacity from the Excel character sheet posted here: http://paratime.ca/v_and_v/expanded-cc-table.html

Cheers,

Tim

ReplyQuote
TXDefender523
(@txdefender523)
28/06/2019 9:42 am  

Why is it an "Expanded" table? Is it actually a corrected/updated table? Does it make the one in the book obsolete? 

Jim

ReplyQuote
galderon
(@galderon)
28/06/2019 10:36 am  

It's expanded in that the table in the book (for the most part), groups characteristics in sets of 3, while the Excel spreadsheet smooths out the data by including increased carrying capacity for the second and third value of the set. For example, a ST of 9 can carry 60, and a ST of 12 can carry 120. By the book, a ST of 10 or 11 can also carry 60, but by the spreadsheet, they can carry 76 and 95, respectively.

If a character's ST is the first of the set of three, there is no difference. Just use the book, and you'll be fine. If a character's ST is the middle or last of the three values for a row, you'll have a slightly lower capacity if you use the book.

ReplyQuote
Share: