Carrier & Contact c...

Notifications
Clear all

Carrier & Contact cp cost question and Crusaders/Crushers conversions  

RSS

ADA-MAN
(@ada-man)
19/04/2020 10:27 pm  

I was recently reading the conversions for the crusaders and crushers, on Mace's abilities he has a contact attack which only cost 5 cp? Isn't 15 cp? Evergreen has a carrier on her thorns and  7.5 was applied to each ability which is indicated in the rules. Was it a mistake for Mace?

On the other hand I always found that 15 cp cost for a contact attack was high, unless there is something I am not seeing. Carefully analyzing the contact ability modifier, I determined at 10 cp cost would be more on par with what 10 cp abilities or powers or even combat options offers. What I mean is with 15 cps of mods or other powers I can get is worth more then applying 15 cps to have a contact attack. Comparing with carrier, contact has the additional downside of protections being applied versus the attack and the contact power.

Majestic
(@majestic)
Estimable Member
26/04/2020 2:34 pm  

I think it's a mistake, and should be 15.

I also think 15 is an appropriate cost. It's a huge benefit to be able to pour all your bonuses into the primary attack (practically guaranteeing that it will land successfully) and then having that insure the secondary attack hits, too.

That second attack can be particularly nasty, and you don't have to invest anything into making sure it is accurate, as it piggybacks the primary one.

V&V GM and player since 1982, my current campaign is 29 years old

ReplyQuote
Jeff Dee
(@jeff)
Member Admin
29/04/2020 9:47 pm  

Majestic is very likely correct; I'll review Mace's sheet when I can get to it. In the meanwhile, just consider him 10 CPs more powerful.

-Jeff

ReplyQuote
ADA-MAN
(@ada-man)
07/05/2020 6:55 pm  

@jeff

I figured as much for MACE. I did not think about the potential of maximizing the to hit chances, you are correct. When I was making a villain and giving the contact on one of his abilities which was not that great a payoff so it looked strange to pay 15cp.

thx guys 

ReplyQuote
Grackleflint
(@hireling)
Estimable Member
10/05/2020 11:11 pm  

Mace is NASTY. I usually have him focus on the most durable player character because of his one hit knockout potential. Carrier/Contact attacks are no joke.

ReplyQuote
Share: