Arsenal  

RSS

Majestic
(@majestic)
Trusted Member
04/10/2019 3:51 pm  

I'm finally in the process of converting Doctor Apocalypse and the Destroyers to MP (in my game they have been around for decades and are quite strong, as in most are over 300 CPs!)

I first built Doctor Apocalypse one way (spending for each of the six abilities his gem gives him), but upon further reflection I decided to turn it into an Arsenal.

That is working all right, but some Abilities seem really strange when they're part of an Arsenal.

For instance, if I give him Heightened Durability of +45, that would (ordinarily) be a single charge.  It doesn't give a Power cost, so I suppose it's PR=0.  But how do you translate that?  Make it so each use/charge gives him that boost of Durability?  Then how long does it last?  (I realize I could boost it up with Durability).

V&V GM and player since 1982, my current campaign is 29 years old

Hireling
(@hireling)
Trusted Member
04/10/2019 8:41 pm  

It is PR 0 for the purposes of the Arsenal Cost Adjuatment. I believe that it only lasts one Round so you would have to buy Duration. I find that one minute is plenty for most buffs.

ReplyQuote
Majestic
(@majestic)
Trusted Member
05/10/2019 1:57 am  

Good advice.  Thanks, Hireling!

V&V GM and player since 1982, my current campaign is 29 years old

ReplyQuote
bkadams
(@bkadams)
Trusted Member
06/10/2019 3:54 am  

I'd say that Durability, and for that matter Energy too, are very similar to the Heightened X abilities. Thus, I'd make them PR=0 per hour.

Hireling liked
ReplyQuote
Hireling
(@hireling)
Trusted Member
06/10/2019 11:44 am  

@majestic You're welcome!

I also love using Arsenal to create buffs like this:

Unholy Strength: Touch a target to grant them increased strength for one minute.

Heightened Strength (20) +20 ST, Arsenal Cost Adjustment (-12.5), Only Usable on Others (+0), 1 Minute Duration (+7.5), Requires Free Movement (-2.5) Requires Speech (-2.5) 2 Charges (+5), Total CP Cost = 20.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Hireling

ReplyQuote
Share: